The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

I love the Kole LInd pick.

Center that skates extremely well, creative, playmaker, can finish, plays a hard game - he'll be a great fit and rounds out the center prospect depth nicely.  I thought it might come down to him or Davidsson - we mixed it up and went with the skilled Canadian grit this time.  I really love the prospect of Horvat, Pettersson, Lind down the road.

I think we should go with another Saskatchewan born WHLer with our other 2nd if he's there - Josh Brook.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's the attitude that you like to see in your players.  When a guy says, "I'll play goalie if they need me to." I get excited because that tells you that the person loves playing the game and will do his level best to win.

Out of pluses, well said!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'd be more concerned you drafted a guy who couldn't do a chin up. But then again Yzerman had a bad combine too. 

I'm thinking that kid needs to hit the gym.... and hard. :lol:   He's taking the Sam Bennett route. lol

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Good grief.  The one position the Sabres are already solid on is centre, and what position have they drafted with their first 2 picks.... Centre. :wacko:

They're doing the right thing. First two picks should be BPA, not position-based. 

If those two picks pan out, they can always flip one of their top centres for top players in other positions.

• Upvote 1

Just now, guntrix said:

They're doing the right thing. First two picks should be BPA, not position-based. 

If those two picks pan out, they can always flip one of their top centres for top players in other positions.

I'm thinking that they'll move one of them to wing like they did with Reinhart.