1). Vilardi

2). Glass

3). Mittlestadt

4). Petersson

If Drafting Defenseman:

1). Heiskanen

2). Lijegren

3). Makar

I explained earlier in another thread, I think Makar is overhyped, I believe Heiskanen and Lijegren are both better than Makar. 

Flip Mittle and Pettersson for me.  

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Glass or Pettersson for me. By the sounds of it Makar is going top 4 so he won't be available at our pick unless we move up. 

Boy, if you look at the draft rankings that VC attached, almost anyone not named Nico or Nolan could go anywhere between 3 and 20. I think Makar is ranked 18th on one of them.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

So this Mittlestadt kid, is his fitness level a character flaw or does he just need the proper motivation.

Like others here, I'm okay with several different options this year.

I suspect it is nothing more than the fact he was playing in a high school program where I doubt that fitness and nutrition would be as high a priority as it would be in Juniors or College programs. Doubt it is anything to worry about.

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

So this Mittlestadt kid, is his fitness level a character flaw or does he just need the proper motivation.

Like others here, I'm okay with several different options this year.

Maybe Middlestadt will be like Kessel.

^plus he's American. He might prefer an American market team.

I was just thinking that he might be even better with the proper conditioning. Some team might get very lucky with him.

Edited by RWMc1

^^ that's my concern with Mittelstadt as well, his commitment to playing with any NHL team willing to take him. To me, it seems he's perfectly content playing hockey, at any level, in MIN. That's what seems to make him happy. If the Canucks draft him, is he going to push himself to be the best? Or will he take some time to think about it.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm thinking of a way I can sneak out early today. Hmm, boss is leaving at 2:00. I don't "cough cough" feel very well. lol  

So excited for the draft, been a countdown for a few months. It really comes down to one pick for the Canucks tonight. Some are insistent on Vilardi or Glass, some are insistent on Makar or Heiskanen. Not everyone is going to be happy with the pick, but that happens with every team I'm sure. Whoever we get is another big piece of the puzzle.

It's "drafty" in here...I'd better go, I'm getting a pick.  I mean sick....

38 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

The NFL does that to. And don't lie to us, you'll watch the draft regardless

Ya, I thought the NFL does it too but this year they didn't, weird.

And yes I will be watching regardless, but I do like the jingle.