The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-NYR (proposal)

Last proposal before draft.

To Van: 7th OA and Sean Day

To NYR: Tanev

The rags are clearly trying to change things up and after acquiring the 7th OA pick, could they be willing to move it since they're squad looks like they are in win now mode? I think it's possible if they get a top 4 dman. Draft glass and liljegrin

8 minutes ago, Eastsidenuck said:

The rags are clearly trying to change things up and after acquiring the 7th OA pick, could they be willing to move it since they're squad looks like they are in win now mode? I think it's possible if they get a top 4 dman. Draft glass and liljegrin

I would love that!  I think we would need to add.

I'd do that.  Despite being drafted in the third round, I think the Rangers are fairly high on Day though, and he's a lefty which isn't ideal if we are losing Tanev.  If they did, I'd say we'd have to add a prospect or a lesser draft pick to make the value equal.

I think their trade today signals that they are no longer seeing their team as a contender though.  I believe they took the 7th OA and gave up a consistent scorer in Stepan for that very reason, and as such I'm not sure Tanev fits into their plans.

16 minutes ago, Eastsidenuck said:

this might have some potential, I think AV thinks very highly of Tanev. 

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I would love that!  I think we would need to add.

we could. 55th or 64th should do it. Tanev could slot in as their top pairing guy since they bailed on Giradri. This deal actually makes more sense than Dallas.

Who knows, maybe the AZ deal has opened something up for us? It certainly makes sense for both sides. 

I like it! I was just thinking of a similar thing too after hearing NYR acquired the 7th overall pick. 

I would do Tanev straight across for the 7th overall pick. 

Gives us a shot at drafting out potential #1C and top pairing PP QB defenseman with the 5th and 7th picks. Maybe it's a Makar and Pettersson? Or Glass and Liljegren?

40 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

I like it! I was just thinking of a similar thing too after hearing NYR acquired the 7th overall pick. 

I would do Tanev straight across for the 7th overall pick. 

Gives us a shot at drafting out potential #1C and top pairing PP QB defenseman with the 5th and 7th picks. Maybe it's a Makar and Pettersson? Or Glass and Liljegren?

We shouldn't do Tanev straight across for 3rd overall pick, let alone 7th. Everyone after 1 and 2 is a complete toss-up. 

I like it sound realistic 

Unfortunately it would take an NHL gm to make an NHL trade for the Canucks so...

expect  maybe an over paid UFA to an unmovable contract And some picks thrown away on other teams projects that's the reality of vancouvers offseason.

Archived