The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Vegas wants to get into Top 3. NYR wants to move up as well

2 minutes ago, cyoung said:

No if there is a particular player teams want

Indeed. Some teams will pay a premium for NHL readiness and that's basically what higher draft picks, especially this year will afford you. Honestly the ceilings are pretty close but the readiness and/or risk are higher the further down you go.

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

yep ;) ......

chances our neither of us will get our way.

Probably not :( 

Honestly I'm holding off making any calls on who to take at 33, 55 etc until I see who's gone, who drops etc. I don't remember a draft this fluid.

But I do like Salo ::D

• Adarsh Sant changed the title to [Rumour] Vegas wants to get into Top 3. NYR wants to move up as well
55 minutes ago, apollo said:

He must be very high on him if he passed on Vatanen. 

He didn't pass on those guys. Shea was traded to LV in exchange for them selecting stoner. GMBM obiously didn't wan't to buy out Bieksa and tradse Vats. If he would have gone down that rought Vegas would have been selecting either stoner, sheaVermette or kirdles. Maybe GMBM decided it was worth tradShea rather than buying out Bieksa and trading one of Vats Lindholm or Fowler.

Still pretty $&!#ty. teams like the Ducks isles wild had to give up good players or in the Islanders case, A 1st round pick just to protect assets they have drafted groomed  Ill miss Sbisa. I think he just started to scratch the surface last year. Butt the I look at the other teams I mentioned or the Pens losing MAF for nothing or the Jets dropping 10 spots in the draft to protect somebody. Even the oil losing Reinhart. Or the wild losing Haulla LV gonna be pretty good.

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Someone else suggested this but I'll repeat it here:

Tanev + 5th oa + 64th 0a = 7th oa, Deangelo and 21st oa from NYR

I'd do this anyway. 2 1sts means two shots of hitting gold with the picks and getting 2 potential stars. Vesaleinen is who I got my on with the 21st if we manage to draft him. He has top notch potential and should be in top 10 discussion if he didn't struggle as much and played in a men's league. He will be one of the steals this draft year

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'd do this anyway. 2 1sts means two shots of hitting gold with the picks and getting 2 potential stars. Vesaleinen is who I got my on with the 21st if we manage to draft him. He has top notch potential and should be in top 10 discussion if he didn't struggle as much and played in a men's league. He will be one of the steals this draft year

out of +'s but yup i agree

Archived