The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Scandella on the way out?

Just now, ItsMillerTime said:

This is a weaker draft the draft to move up would be in last couple of years.

It's only weak at the top. Patrick Hischier are really good but not 'generational'. After the 'mediocre' top end, it's actually a very good draft through the late 2nd/early 3rd.

No McDavid's but there's loads of potential middle/top 6 forwards and 2nd pair D.

2 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

This is a weaker draft the draft to move up would be in last couple of years.

It has been mentioned too many times to count that, although there are no franchise players at the top, this is a very deep draft throughout the first round, with most to be projected to make the NHL at some point in their careers.

2 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

Benning said he would want a good defenceman back for Tanev..............lol.

Really don't see the point. If a team has a good defenseman why are they going to give them plus a pick up for Tanev?

Benning may be trying too hard to balance the rebuild and being competitive. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Really don't see the point. If a team has a good defenseman why are they going to give them plus a pick up for Tanev?

Just can't find anyone with a decent wingspan.  Rumour has it he is currently on his way to New Zealand to see if he can force an albatross to play on the blueline

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Haha yes. I just want us to fully commit to rebuilding, I mean it can't get much worse than these past two years. That's why I don't understand why he wants a good defenceman in return, I would be happy with Pick(s) and/or Prospect (s)

1 minute ago, on the cycle said:

Haha yes. I just want us to fully commit to rebuilding, I mean it can't get much worse than these past two years. That's why I don't understand why he wants a good defenceman in return, I would be happy with Pick(s) and/or Prospect (s)

Unless the D-man is Chychrun and Arizona's 1st they got from New York.

I would consider that.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Benning is basically telling teams, you have to make a big offer if you want Tanev.  I don't blame him.

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

because Tanev is ready and in his prime right now for a team who is in "win now mode". If someone has a young Dman NHL ready but not in his prime then that is the team who needs Tanev like Dallas or NYR

Archived