The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[poll] Heiskanen or Makar at 5?

JM_

Heiskanen or Makar at 5?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Highly doubt either (let alone both) are available at 5.  But if they are, Heiskanen is the more NHL ready player (not saying he's ready next year, but he already played in a pro-league vs. seasoned veteran grown men) while Makar is the higher risk (but higher reward) option. 

I don't like risk myself so I'd take Heiskanen. 

Who's our future 1st line C after hank, if we take a Dmen again?  As an example nashville without johansen (1st C)wasn't strong enough to win the cup. A strong D core is important, but without a solid middle there won't be a chance of winning... so take glass or vilardi at 5!

I'd take neither.

But if I'm forced to take one, I take Makar, but not because he's better. Heiskanen is another Juolevi, and I think he'll be the better player, but the diversity that Makar would add to a pairing with Juolevi could be valuable. That said, if you go with the BPA argument, then you pick Heiskanen in my opinion.

If they go D, Heiskanen.  Makar may have the higher ceiling but if juolevi/Heiskanen can form a future top pairing for the Canucks, that's pretty dayam good.  And unlike Makar, I dont think anyone is worried about Heiskanen developing into an elite defenseman.

That being said I'd like them to pick Glass as well.

Every other team is trading, dumping salary or doing something to improve their lot.  What are the Canucks doing?   If he is available down the line pick Foote.  

He can actually hit the net with his point shots.  Something he might be able to teach the Canuck defense.

Archived