The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

From what Ive heard from some of the CA guys, Pettersson isnt exactly a lock for the Olympics. I cant see how you keep out a top scorer in a year like this but aparently they wanted more out of him 5v5 at the WJC. Still hope he goes though.

3 minutes ago, ColeTr11 said:

From what Ive heard from some of the CA guys, Pettersson isnt exactly a lock for the Olympics. I cant see how you keep out a top scorer in a year like this but aparently they wanted more out of him 5v5 at the WJC. Still hope he goes though.

If that's the case then neither is Alexander Nylander. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, ColeTr11 said:

?????  Dude played through a flu....... but yea..... don’t bring in your 2nd highest scorer in your league.  One less team for team canada to worry about.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, suitup said:

If that's the case then neither is Alexander Nylander. 

I don't think Alex Nylander is even allowed to go since he's on an NHL contract (the reason why there are so few AHLers on the Canadian roster).

I'm hoping Pettersson makes the Olympic squad, but if not hopefully he gets more games at center instead. Just from stat watching it looks like he's adjusting back to the position pretty well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColeTr11 said:

I think Pettersson will be far more effective 5v5 at center than playing wing. At center he won't have to do all the grinding board play that is required for the wing position, but can rather play to his strengths and use his intellect and creativity to make plays happen. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

There are a handful of player's in the world that can score that goal...99.5 % of player's would have either not being able to make contact with the puck or just direct it at the goalie.

EP had to super quickly contort his body to get that puck to go to the far side of the net...the kid is magic...

Down on one knee to get lift on his shot! Pettersson is so smart with the puck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Down on one knee to get lift on his shot! Pettersson is so smart with the puck!

Boeser is smart...EP is a genius...the 2 together are going to be explosive!

...the kids just keep getting better and better....and then there's Gaudette ...who seems to be refusing to uphold his lowly 5th round trajectory and is blowing by all our expectations to this point anyway...the future is bright indeed.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Boeser is smart...EP is a genius...the 2 together are going to be explosive!

...the kids just keep getting better and better....and then there's Gaudette ...who seems to be refusing to uphold his lowly 5th round trajectory and is blowing by all our expectations to this point anyway...the future is bright indeed.

Getting Dahlin would complete the core of this team 

Edited by Kungfudru
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ColeTr11 said:

It's on large ice so he will have alot of room to work. 

2 hours ago, Kungfudru said:

Getting Dahlin would complete the core of this team 

No.  Don't get me wrong he'd be an amazing addition to the core, but they'd still need a big, physically dominant, versatile centerman/forward imo.   No slight on BoHo whatsoever but he shouldn't be the one counted on to go head-to-head with the Benn/Kopitar/Laine types of the league, and JV's probably not that guy either. PLD would've been that guy and JB knew it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PlanB said:

No.  Don't get me wrong he'd be an amazing addition to the core, but they'd still need a big, physically dominant, versatile centerman/forward imo.   No slight on BoHo whatsoever but he shouldn't be the one counted on to go head-to-head with the Benn/Kopitar/Laine types of the league, and JV's probably not that guy either. PLD would've been that guy and JB knew it.

Getting Dahlen in no way completes the core rebuild for the Canucks. I do think you nailed it at center. I would also point back to the d-core as well. Not near enough talent or depth there.