The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Yeah  I bet you both benning an I have seen more of vilardi than you have. What makes you so qualified. How do we know that you wanted nylander and tkachuk? How do we know that tkachuk will turn out better than OJ?

I might have been a bit reactionary with my first post in this thread but I stand by it. I like Petterson but not as much as I liked Vilardi and Glas. How can you know i wanted Nylander and Tkatchuk? Previous draft threads that's how. I had Tkatchuk at 5 and Juolevi at 6 so that draft I'm ok with. Boeser pick was great. Virtanen draft I was as high on Nylander as I was with Vilardi. I hope Petterson turns into a star. 6'2 165 pounds is hard to get over. I like his stats in his league though. The only games I watched of Petterson in the WJC he was pretty much invisible. I know he was an underager. I watched Vilardi more then any other prospect and aside from skating he's an A+ prospect in my eyes. LA got a steal at 11 with Gabe. 

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Okay a Flames fan could say the same thing about Virtanen.

Stop acting like you know how Tkachuk is thought about by his teammates

Virtanen has a bit of Tkachuk in him that is true but no where near the extreme.    As far as his teammates, I don't know and didn't say I did.  I said I think it will wear thin on them as it does with those sorts of players.   I have had those sorts on my teams over my time playing and no one misses them when they are gone and no one likes how they rile up the other team.   I am not "acting" about anything, I am offering an opinion and one you clearly don't agree with which is up to you as a Flames fan.

Just now, The 5th Line said:

"The sky is always falling"  and we always end up sucking, so the sky and rightfully so, is always falling.  

Your team wins back to back PCups and was in playoffs/contention for more than a decade and you don't find that sufficient?   Many franchises would dream of such.   Two wins away from a Cup just six year ago....only a handful of times to SCF in past decade.

Wow, you are easy to please.

Just now, The 5th Line said:

"The sky is always falling"  and we always end up sucking, so the sky and rightfully so, is always falling.  

We "suck" because our previous core lived out its life expectancy. 

Incidentally, we've only "sucked" for the last two seasons. 

For the sake of comparison, the Oilers "sucked" for the last 10 years until they finally made the playoffs this year.

So yeah, get back to me after another 8 years of suckage and you might have a point.

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

If Tkachuk was Canuck you wouldn't be saying the same thing.  Stop lying to yourself 

If he was a Canuck I would be unhappy as I like following Vancouver and I don't respect Tkachuk as a player.   Same when Canucks had Torres, I followed them a bit at that point and I didn't like the fact he was on their team.   From that London team two years ago, OJ was a class act compared to Tkachuk and when Canucks said "From London Knights" I was worried it would be MT but good thing it wasn't.   Fact he went to Flames was double bonus as I only really dislike a few teams in league and Calgary is one of those.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Calvin's Dog said:

Sorry don't have time to read all the posts.

HAs that been announced already, because I heard people were excited that he and Dahlen (sp?) might play together in Utica.

Sorry I don't have time to research. If you could reply I would really appreciate!!

Thanks.

He signed a contract with Vaxjo for next year.

11 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Proof on MT?   His attitude this year, what people in the league say about him and the style of game he plays.   Don't like his style or his overall game.

Fair enough but Avery was the bottom.  I see some attitude in Tkachuk that will likely mellow with age, but I don't see Avery.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Glass comparison:  Schieffle and Linden

Vilardi Comparison:  Getzlaf and Tavares

Petterson, you're going to be at minimum a 4 year project and you're going to be weighed against them for the next 2 decades.

Good luck, welcome to Vancouver

Pettersson comparison: Datsyuk and Backstrom

He's a minimum 2 year project and will most likely compete for a roster spot in his draft +3 year. If Glass compares to Scheifele then he's also around 3-4 years from the NHL. I don't care how long it takes for them to make it, I care about how good they'll be when they finally do. Glass is vanilla and we need a little spice. First time in 3 years Benning picks who I want in the first round so I'm ecstatic with the pick. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wonder__Bread said:

Pettersson comparison: Datsyuk and Backstrom

He's a minimum 2 year project and will most likely compete for a roster spot in his draft +3 year. If Glass compares to Scheifele then he's also around 3-4 years from the NHL. I don't care how long it takes for them to make it, I care about how good they'll be when they finally do. Glass is vanilla and we need a little spice. First time in 3 years Benning picks who I want in the first round so I'm ecstatic with the pick. 

Most scouts seem to think almost everyone in this draft outside of the top 2 are 2-4 year projects, so yeah, it's kind of a wash.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

Most scouts seem to think almost everyone in this draft outside of the top 2 are 2-4 year projects, so yeah, it's kind of a wash.

If they can get him over to Utica asap, like TO did with WN, then that timeline may accelerate.

Really Really hope he decides to play AHL with Dahlen this next season and our guys can put him on a strength and conditioning program.

And Build chemistry with Virtanen and continue to develop with Dahlen.

Would be fantastic for all three of them and for Utica!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

We sure need these JB 1st rounders to hit their ceilings.

Virtanen

Boeser

Juolevi

Petterson

I hope these kids come together with chemistry..led by Bo.

JB has a new young core coming along.  When they all arrive in 2-4 years, we will see to what level they can compete.  Will JB's group be top 10, middle 10, or bottom 10?  

• Upvote 1