The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

Finishes with 2 assists.  Vaxjo loses 5-3 

...but outshoots them 39-17.    This game was all about a 5 minute window.   PP for Lulea went 80's Oilers on Vaxjo for that extended advantage and that was the difference.

In terms of EP, strong game apparently (I am trying to listen to the post-game and they are still talking about the hit and the potential suspension to DR but translated is something like "the continued dominance of generational rookie Pettersson continued today and he was bitten by the snake to not score during his efforts" or something to that effect.  They didn't bring up his raping in the rain which is good for everyone I guess. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Petersson is a great prospect. No one thinks we should rush him.  Everyone wants to see him play when he's ready. 

Great players are ready because they think the game so much faster. He will rush himself and not look back. He is playing already with men.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

...but outshoots them 39-17.    This game was all about a 5 minute window.   PP for Lulea went 80's Oilers on Vaxjo for that extended advantage and that was the difference.

In terms of EP, strong game apparently (I am trying to listen to the post-game and they are still talking about the hit and the potential suspension to DR but translated is something like "the continued dominance of generational rookie Pettersson continued today and he was bitten by the snake to not score during his efforts" or something to that effect.  They didn't bring up his raping in the rain which is good for everyone I guess. 

Definitely career ending.

Hey Rob, by now you have seen +++ goals by Pettersson.  How do you think they would look in the NHL.  While I know he won't have the same amount of time to make those shots, but he still seems awful quick.

Edited by higgyfan
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Raping in the rain?  What am I missing out on here?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Definitely career ending.

Hey Rob, by now you have seen +++ goals by Pettersson.  How do you think they would look in the NHL.  While I know he won't have the same amount of time to make those shots, but he still seems awful quick.

He has an elite release and changes the angle the goalie sees by moving the puck closer/further from body almost without thinking about it (he simply never looks down).   IF he could handle the physical going, he could score with frequency in the NHL right now.  Shot is also deceptively heavy - like that small guy who drives a golf ball 300 plus yards.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He has an elite release and changes the angle the goalie sees by moving the puck closer/further from body almost without thinking about it (he simply never looks down).   IF he could handle the physical going, he could score with frequency in the NHL right now.  Shot is also deceptively heavy - like that small guy who drives a golf ball 300 plus yards.

Interesting comment.  I thought your comparison to P. Kane was bang on.  I've been watching some Kane highlights lately and I can see the similarities.  He has a fantastic release and scores a lot of mind boggling one-timers; much like Elias.  Some of his goals are identical to one's I've seen EP put away.  He appears to have that 'deceptively heavy shot' as well.  I'm not sure that Elias is as fast a skater, but I think his hockey sense may be even better than Kanes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Interesting comment.  I thought your comparison to P. Kane was bang on.  I've been watching some Kane highlights lately and I can see the similarities.  He has a fantastic release and scores a lot of mind boggling one-timers; much like Elias.  Some of his goals are identical to one's I've seen EP put away.  He appears to have that 'deceptively heavy shot' as well.  I'm not sure that Elias is as fast a skater, but I think his hockey sense may be even better than Kanes.

I bet Pettersson is one of those wiry strong thin guys.  He's probably way stronger than he might look.  

• Cheers 2