The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, FireGillis said:

Nah, if it was rigged mcdavid wouldn't be in Edmonton and Matthews would be in Arizona to save the coyotes. Them ending up on cdn teams is the last thing bettman wanted because it doesn't grow the league. Bettman wants stars on American teams to try to gain more fans. 

except there has to be some talent going to Canada otherwise the whole thing collapses. But like I said, I see it as very possible, not necessarily happening. I guess just hate my old job too :lol: 

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

except there has to be some talent going to Canada otherwise the whole thing collapses. But like I said, I see it as very possible, not necessarily happening. I guess just hate my old job too :lol: 

I am just proud that we may have 2 franchise players in the past 3 drafts without even winning a single draft lottery. And one of them was drafted in a year we made the playoffs (Boeser)! 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Sorry for calling you A douche. I Still can't believe the hate I got for pointing out ud rather have Butcher then Hutton and Steches 5 points in 40 games. He looks like A stud. And may surpass both their totals this year. I do hope they turn it around. Cheers

Edited by bp79
Added content
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Kungfudru said:

I agree! The whole system is rigged! It's the perfect method to control where the talent needs to go to create balance and parity in the league. The major prob that needs to be addressed though is the incompetent management of these multimillion dollar franchises. There are teams that draft high but still continue to destroy young talent with horrible development strategies such as Edmonton, Arizona, Buffalo. Chirelli is prob the worst gm in the league. I'm so PISSED that EDM gets to draft 1st overall so many times and also gets so many high picks and they continue to F*** them up over and over again. We haven't drafted first overall once in the entirety of this franchises existence and we still manage to do better than these other garbage teams whom are consistently in the basement. EDM was gifted McDavid 100% and they still suck. It's the management that needs to be addressed! 

I feel Kevin Lowe is still the puppeteer. Three G.m's and they still run Hockey the same way  that Kevin ran the team when the fire Kevin Lowe chants hit Alberta. Until they fire Kevin Lowe expect similar results. I do believe Chirelli is floating on Jim Bennings rep. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bp79 said:

Oj yes the orher 2 Agree to disagree my friend. I mean Butcher has already had a better rookie season then Hutton has had in his 3 years. And will obliterate Steches numbera rhis year and last. In fact I will go out on A limb and say both Sergachev and Butcher will have more points each this year than are 2 place holders will have in their entire careers including this year. Ps you can't transfer A players points from one team to the next. Especially when Hutt or Stech would not crack Tampas or most teams lineups. There just lucky we only Have Edler Tanev and Pouliot. Cheers.

I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.   

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I am just proud that we may have 2 franchise players in the past 3 drafts without even winning a single draft lottery. And one of them was drafted in a year we made the playoffs (Boeser)! 

I agree. Pretty proud that we didn't have to sink to Edmonton, Arizona, and Toronto's levels. I like the way Winnipeg built their core, and I think we are taking basically the same path. Only thing I hope for is that we get lucky like the Jets did in 2016 with Laine. One more franchise player, hopefully a defenceman, and we basically have the foundation to contend for a decade just like we did from mid 2005 to 2013. It would be up to the GM to tinker with the line up in the right way so as to ice the cup winning team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Linden shock up the scouting group 2 years ago which seems to be helping. As fans we tend to get carried away with the moment. The prospect pool is as deep as I can remember over 47 years. Not only deep but performing so strongly at the moment. That said I agree with you that the 2018 Draft has to produce another upper tier prospect. To that purpose Benning has to move vets at the TDL in an effort to garner more picks. The 2018 Draft is so deep that the number of picks is likely more important than the ranking. Would love to have 4 picks in the first 2 Rounds. That will be a tall order as other teams will certainly realize there is value in this Draft.

For potential trade bait we have

Gudbranson

Vanek

Baertschi

Granlund

Sedin

Sedin

Hutton

Edler

Tanev

Burmistrov

These are all names that most analysts and posters have brought up at one point in time or another in the last 18 months or since they were signed this season.  I'd argue that benning has his eyes on obtaining a number of extra picks this year.  As obviously most of those players won't be traded but there's 2 or 3 names on that list that would garner attention and solid returns that don't fit in to our future based on age, production, contract or redundancy of position

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

For potential trade bait we have

Gudbranson

Vanek

Baertschi

Granlund

Sedin

Sedin

Hutton

Edler

Tanev

Burmistrov

These are all names that most analysts and posters have brought up at one point in time or another in the last 18 months or since they were signed this season.  I'd argue that benning has his eyes on obtaining a number of extra picks this year.  As obviously most of those players won't be traded but there's 2 or 3 names on that list that would garner attention and solid returns that don't fit in to our future based on age, production, contract or redundancy of position

I agree but I don't think the Sedins would be traded ...or should be traded and I would put Gagner near the top of that list ( at least as far as players we don't need).

The Sedins should either retire this year or come back for one more year at less than $3M and expect to get 10-12 minutes a game....

EP and BB are the replacements but Goldy and Dahlen will likely be just as good a pair by next year ...so we have 2 sets of replacements for them really.

Go EP Go....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Anybody watch the game today? Unfortunately, I missed this one. Elias (and his line) were held off the scoresheet in a 2-1 loss to Brynäs. Just curious if they were shut down or just unlucky? Looks like they generated some chances from the stats. 

Lots of shots and a bit of iron.   

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, bp79 said:

Why give A downvote yet not back it up. You see to that a lot coolcanuckhead or whatever your name. Is. Why not bring some points and facts instead of just being a douche

Are you feeling ok? Just wondering as you down voted a post made a mere 23 hrs ago, apparently because it contained facts,

"Still using faulty math to try and hammer your point?

Sunday's PGT you made the same math mistake and I quoted you  a reply with the then proper numbers but I'll update them again for you

Ben Hutton 26 games 4 assists

Troy Stetcher 12 games 1 assist."

• Cheers 2