The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

I seem to remember Peter Forsberg was 167 lbs when drafted by Philly way back when.

8 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

I didn't know this....Does this mean we have the next Forsberg?:)

6 minutes ago, Sandro17 said:

Yes

Good enough for me

Awesome pick! Definitely the highly skilled, set up the power play, work the half wall player we desperately need! Challenges desfenseman one on one and hangs onto the puck to make plays. Skating good, hands good, IQ good, If gaining weight is the biggest problem for him, then that means we got a gem. What 17 yr old doesn't need to fill out?  Cmon man!! Do all Nuck fans need to nit pick over everything? For all those people who wanted Glass or Vilardi over him, your all gonna eat your words in a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Hopefully him and Dahlen head to utica, that team could be stacked next year.

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Goldy Valk Virtanen

That'd be a filthy-good line in the AHL.

That being said, I highly doubt any three of your proposed top line play for the Comets next season. 

Boeser looks like a lock for the big club, while I highly believe that both Dahlen and Pettersson will be headed back to Sweden next year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The biggest fear I have with Petterson is his ability to actually gain weight

Look at the breadth of his shoulders.  He's not much different than the female anouncer.  They're about as wide across the shoulders as each other.

That slight of a frame will have a very tough time putting on weight and I can see him around 180 pounds in 2-4 years.

Think about a 180 pound center here in the west/pacific as a 1st line center.

I have a lot of faith and hope in him but there's a long LONG term project in our organization in Petterson

His dad looked pretty solid so genetically wise he has the potential to put on size. But ya it's a pretty big gamble picking a kid with such a small frame

10 minutes ago, EV604 said:

Awesome pick! Definitely the highly skilled, set up the power play, work the half wall player we desperately need! Challenges desfenseman one on one and hangs onto the puck to make plays. Skating good, hands good, IQ good, If gaining weight is the biggest problem for him, then that means we got a gem. What 17 yr old doesn't need to fill out?  Cmon man!! Do all Nuck fans need to nit pick over everything? For all those people who wanted Glass or Vilardi over him, your all gonna eat your words in a couple of years.

I for one did want Vilardi, and did make it known. Having said that, I am on board with a kid with more risk and a higher ceiling. Have not seen him play, but everything I'm hearing is that he's got the skill that we are in desperate need of. He may be a couple years away, but we've also hopefully got Gaudette coming after this next season. Our centre prospect depth isn't great, but after today's pick it is looking much better with those two on the way.

• Upvote 1