-Vintage Canuck-

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

6 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

I don’t know why people keep bringing up his weight. The consensus seems to be that he’ll never be huge but does need to put on some weight. Seems like beating a dead horse at this point.

Also doesn't seem like his weight is that big of a problem. Don't hear too much about him being bullied off pucks. At least I haven't heard too much about that being a problem right now. By the time it would be a problem he'll have put on the necessary weight anyway. I agree it is a moot point to keep bringing up his weight. He'll be fine.

• Like 1

For everything I have said about this kid, I am pumped to see him play at the WJC for sure. Has he played much C this year, if so any stats on how he is on the draws?

4 hours ago, Yotes said:

For everything I have said about this kid, I am pumped to see him play at the WJC for sure. Has he played much C this year, if so any stats on how he is on the draws?

He’s been wing in shl and he said during his interview on tsn 1040 that he is practising on the wing for Sweden but he doesn’t know where he’s Gunna play yet. Clearly his strength is on the wing judging by his production this far 

14 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

He’s been wing in shl and he said during his interview on tsn 1040 that he is practising on the wing for Sweden but he doesn’t know where he’s Gunna play yet. Clearly his strength is on the wing judging by his production this far 

All but cements him on Bo & Brocks wing in the future!

A tale of two leagues (and their official websites).

The SHL runs an article on Pettersson being “the next Canucks Swedish superstar” when he joins the NHL ranks.

Meanwhile, the NHL runs an article on the top-10 drafted players to watch at the WJC.

And they somehow omit Pettersson from the list. 

Don’t worry Canucks fans. Twitter has letting NHL.com hear about just how glaring an omission they made.

• Upvote 3

Definitely agree with Vintage. Klim Kostin over Pettersson? Give me a break. Please someone fire this fool and a Canucks prospect blatantly getting snubbed off a list isn’t something new.

Oh well, he’ll just have to prove him wrong. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

All but cements him on Bo & Brocks wing in the future!

That means we're gonna need to somehow find a top line center then :wacko:

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That means we're gonna need to somehow find a top line center then :wacko:

I think Gaudette could be that guy. I do feel he has better offensive instincts over Bo but we’ll see if that translates in the NHL and he can become a top liner.

• Upvote 1

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

I think Gaudette could be that guy. I do feel he has better offensive instincts over Bo but we’ll see if that translates in the NHL and he can become a top liner.

It'd be sweet if you were right, but I don't think it's something we can expect to happen.

Personally, I'm still hoping that Pettersson is able to transition to center within his first few years here after he puts on a bit of weight.

2 hours ago, GettinGuddyWithIt said:

Definitely agree with Vintage. Klim Kostin over Pettersson? Give me a break. Please someone fire this fool and a Canucks prospect blatantly getting snubbed off a list isn’t something new.

Oh well, he’ll just have to prove him wrong. :lol:

They don't allow the eastern based hockey writing children to stay up past eight, so they miss all the stuff going on in the West.  They are unaware of anything existing west of Chicago, having never gone to school to study geography.  They figure the edge of the world is somewhere just west of the aptly named 'Windy City' - home to mobsters and crooked politicians.

2 hours ago, GettinGuddyWithIt said:

Yamamoto -- 12 points in 13 games.
...in junior.

:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm pretty sure Adam Kimelman is just jealous that his team, the Flyers, missed on Elias Pettesson and drafted Nolan Patrick instead. You know it's a biased article when the subheading starts off with "Flyers goalie prospect Hart..." and the first player in the article is a Flyers prospect.

HOW DO YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYONE???

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

12 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Did he play in the exhibition game vs the US today?

he did, 0 points.  HFboards say he was not noticeable, but they often over exaggerate things that are not true. 

it was the final exhibition game.

He has not had the personal results in previous international play although I believe for one tourney (cant remember which one) they say he was playing well but was snake bitten a bit. He may be feeling the pressure to perform better and along with the smaller ice rink and level of competition this will be interesting to watch. On the flip side his team is stacked.

If I remember Brock and Bo did not dominate so its all good if he does not shatter records.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

He has not had the personal results in previous international play although I believe for one tourney (cant remember which one) they say he was playing well but was snake bitten a bit. He may be feeling the pressure to perform better and along with the smaller ice rink and level of competition this will be interesting to watch. On the flip side his team is stacked.

If I remember Brock and Bo did not dominate so its all good if he does not shatter records.

Exactly, you want to see him do well but its only one tournament so it doesn't matter that much. Heres hoping he plays well though and shows off his skills

• Upvote 1