Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He can directly report to Utica, if he wants.

Thats where I would like him to go to help his development.

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Is that in the Sweden 2 league? I'd like to see him play in the SHL this year.

Vaxjo won the SHL regular season last year

Canuck prospect/depth player Philip Holm played there last year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Shekky said:

Thats where I would like him to go to help his development.

He has already committed to Vaxjo of the SHL.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

In Bennings last interview he said he is looking at drafting BPA for next 3 picks then after that positional needs like defencemen or goalie.

Bring on Robertson or Ratcliffe with that 2nd round 1st pick please.

No problem at all bringing in a bit of size and nasty to balance things.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cookieeater55 said:

maxime comtois anybody ?

is he worth taking ???

This is who I was hoping, him or Ratcliffe. Hague is a maybe, if he didn't skate so poorly it would be more appealing. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

maxime comtois anybody ?

is he worth taking ???

At the end of a successful season last year, Comtois looked like he was ready to break-out and dominate this year, but instead, he seems to have plateaued. Kinda like Liljegren. That said, Comtois was part of the CHL All-Stars and also part of Team Canada U18 so enough people still think highly of him.

5 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Over Vilardi and Glass? Fire Benning please. 

Give it 5 years at least, probably 7. It's like Virtanen, it's still way to early to know if it was a good or a bad pick as he still needs 3-4 more years of development.

10 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

maxime comtois anybody ?

is he worth taking ???

If we manage to nab Comtois at 55 that would be an absolute steal. He's fast, plays with a real edge, and puts up pretty solid numeber. 

As for 33 I think Robertson or Hague would be better picks. 

18 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

If Benning drafts Boqvist, JAD or Mismash I'd be happy

Looks like size is available at 33 - 6'6" Isaac Ratcliffe, LW and 6'5'' Nic Hague, D. Hockey News rated them 20 and 22.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Looks like size is available at 33 - 6'6" Isaac Ratcliffe, LW and 6'5'' Nic Hague, D. Hockey News rated them 20 and 22.

We definitely need some more good skating size in the future. We are currently building a smallish team

4 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

That is true, but Boqvist is VERY skilled. I would like him over the size in Hague and Ratcliffe

5 hours ago, The Lock said:

Well, if you look at the Subban brothers, PK grew after the draft and Jordan didn't.

Even me and my brother have different frames, so I would very little into that, true or not.

And my brother and I have identical frames.

I'm not reading into it; I'm just saying it's a concern that him and his brother will be like me and my brother and have the same body styles. I hope this isn't the case, but it is a valid concern nonetheless. 

6 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I'm serious Vilardi will be the best player from the draft. Glass would have been better as well. Benning sucks. 

How far did Gabe drop again? The guy was overrated IMHO. He used his size against boys. I think he translates to A 3rd line winger 

So glad GMJB had the balls to take the kid who may be skinny but oozes high-end talent. I said this months ago whoever drafts him is getting the best player in the long run. 

Just imagine him at 190-200 his frame is solid and should easily support a huge weight gain. The guy was A beast at the combine.

Sucks we missed out on Kostin by 2 lousy picks. Wish JB would have moved up to grab him.

Edited by bp79
spelling
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

What?? We didn't expect Elias to play next season with Dahlen?? So...  no fast track to rebuild??  

yes this is prob a long term pick. They are now building fr the future

good pick,thomas gradin has done a good job as top european scout for years for the canucks.don't doubt this pick.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

He has already committed to Vaxjo of the SHL.

Yeah, I think SHL is the better league for Pettersson for now. It let's him develop in a more comfortable environment. 

If Pettersson gets anywhere between 0.5-0.7 PPG in his first season, then we will know that we have struck gold.  Greater than 0.7 PPG and we have near Sedin level prospect. 

He is currently planning on playing in SHL and training in Sweden to get stronger and faster.

But that could change after prospect camp, meeting the sedins more, canucks trainers management coaching staff etc. That could influence where he plays.

Have to say his parents reaction is just heart warming... His dads face..

Pretty cool he comes from such a small place too, 3000 people..

I think Glass would have been a fantastic pick but I am very happy with Pettersson.

One thing thats been bugging me is when Benning trade for Dahlen im 90% sure he pronounced his name wrong, also im 90% sure he pronounced both Elias Pettersson's names wrong at the podium? Are there different ways to pronounce his names and Benning is correct? Or does he really not know how to pronounce the names of players he has spent so much time watching and evaluating? Tell me im crazy please.

• Upvote 1

This is a thread from HFBoards where they started talking about Pettersson over a year ago.  Usually I goto HFBoards for the pure entertainment of seeing 15 year olds complain about their lack of instant gratification, but this thread is from a general sub forum where there are many people from Sweden that post.  One contributor to the thread is the guy that covers the team for the local newspaper in Sweden.

A few good nuggets in there, some good highlights, and some insight from people that have actually watched him play:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1905651

• Upvote 2