The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

34 minutes ago, cyoung said:

He has high iq but he's not as agile as Pettersson. He's over 200lbs.

That's true but Pettersson also has a larger frame at 6'2; more area to hit for an opposing player.

All I'm trying to say is that it's unrealistic to expect anyone to avoid solid contact for a year. He's not really in a position to recieve solid checks from 200lbs NHLers yet, and that's fine. 

2 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

That's true but Pettersson also has a larger frame at 6'2; more area to hit for an opposing player.

All I'm trying to say is that it's unrealistic to expect anyone to avoid solid contact for a year. He's not really in a position to recieve solid checks from 200lbs NHLers yet, and that's fine. 

Being taller doesn't mean you have a bigger frame. Put them side to side and Pettersson will like half the size regardless of his height. 

Edited by cyoung

7 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

On the PP it’s Nylander, Andersson and Pettersson but during 5v5 they split the three up. Andersson is on the top line and the 2nd line features Nylander and Pettersson. I think Nylander has looked awful for a draft +2 player at the WJC.

For the final round robin game vs Russia they were listed as the top line.  Same in the quarters vs Slovakia.  

8 hours ago, mll said:

For the final round robin game vs Russia they were listed as the top line.  Same in the quarters vs Slovakia.  

Heaven forbid if they play EP on the second line. What a bust.LOL EP has been their best player. He would have 10 pts if he had linemates playing well. Nykander you Know who you are.

Seriously not liking Sweden's chances against USA. Team always looks dysfunctional to start games which is going to cost them if they don't come ready to play tonight. Also, Sweden has a lot of perimeter players and not a lot of people that are willing to take the puck to the net. The only person who I've seen actually park themselves in front of the net on multiple occasions is *cough* *cough* Elias Pettersson. The skinniest and lightest player of the team.

Edited by Odd.

33 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Heaven forbid if they play EP on the second line. What a bust.LOL EP has been their best player. He would have 10 pts if he had linemates playing well. Nykander you Know who you are.

In the first three games Lindstrom was listed as the center between Nylander and Pettersson but in the last two games it was Andersson listed as their C. 

Just now, R3aL said:

Well we will see cause he didn't hit the ice for awhile there 

I was kidding.   Ya, he may still be sick but I also think they are not keen with him and Nylander together 5x5 as they seem to not often be on same page.   Nylander doesn't seem to even notice EP is on the ice half the time - have seen maybe two passes all tournament 

• Upvote 1