The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

You guys are setting yourselves up for a massive disappointment with regards to Dahlen, not going to happen. 

You don't think he will make the transition to NHL?   Not sold on his game?    

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I think my reason behind it is that, I want to see if he can actually handle the pressures and responsibilities of being a centre.  In Vaxjo like in this tournament, Pettersson primarily plays primarily LW, and alternates the centre position with Robert Rosen, and makes me wonder if Pettersson is really a true centremen and can he thrive there, or is he better on the wing.  If that is the case, it may be worth investing into another centre through a pick or trade, or FA signing etc.

Not that its terrible, Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser would be a phenomenal top line, but going forward, do you feel Gaudette is a potential top six centre, and do we have enough depth down the middle going forward.  May be worth investing into another centre this draft.

Personally, if Gaudette can pan out to become and 2nd line center, I would love to have a veteran play the 3rd or 4th line center position and have MacEwen play the other. Who knows though we might draft another center in the draft. Horvat, Draft Pick, Gaudette, MacEwen.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, if the Canucks don't get the 1st, but pick 2 or 3.

Pettersson - Svechnikov - Boeser

Dahlen - Horvat - Virtanen

I have a feeling Benning will pass on Tkachuk, as he doesn't like that family lol

Nah, put Pettersson on Bo's wing and Gaudette as 2C (ideally). Draft Boqvist or some other right shot D