The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

41 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Must have logged a ton of air miles traveling between Portland and Ontario.

Of course I meant on tv smart ass. Look at my previous posts I'm not always right but I often am. This wouldn't be the first first time I went against popular opinion and was right. I don't even hate the pick I just really wanted Vilardi or Glass. Petterson will be a good player but I think his trajectory is longer then the other guys. Teams will regret passing on Vilardi. When I'm proven right all you guys will vanish I'm sure. 

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Probably fair. Maybe not that he "would" have gone first but he certainly "could" have, if he had those extra 20 pounds.

His scoring numbers are outrageously good. First overall in SEAL adjusted points/GP and his numbers basically broke the projection models like pGPS because his historic scoring levels have no player comparables. And he's one of the most skilled players in the draft. 

To all those, who think they are better scouts than JB and Canucks scouting team.... Maybe you should read this. Its a gamble, but if it comes off, it could be a corner stone in a future contender. 

Sedins are only going to decline even more, and we need somebody to take over the creativity part.

We are totally devoid of creativity and scoring, and when JB goes for players that can improve it, he get slated... get a life... Half of these people were the same that were screaming for Virtanen because Nylander and Ehlers were soft Euro players, and now they are drooling over them instead. 

Yes we're are soft as hell just now, but there is another 3-4 drafts until we are starting to be relevant again. With the players we are starting to amass , we will also be able to pull some trades, which we haven't be en able to before due to lack of depth... 

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

4 year project

I'm glad someone see reality. I never once said Petterson was a bust or a bad prospect. He is years away though. Vilardi will be ready in a year and Glass in 1-2 years. We need help soon our team is awful. I love the Canucks I hate seeing them as bottom feeders. 

4 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Of course I meant on tv smart ass. Look at my previous posts I'm not always right but I often am. This wouldn't be the first first time I went against popular opinion and was right. I don't even hate the pick I just really wanted Vilardi or Glass. Petterson will be a good player but I think his trajectory is longer then the other guys. Teams will regret passing on Vilardi. When I'm proven right all you guys will vanish I'm sure. 

No one will vanish. Prospects will either succeed or not. I don't think anyone is denying Vilardi or glass will be good. But none of these prospects have made it and only time will tell who was the right pick. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, messier's_elbow said:

I'm glad someone see reality. I never once said Petterson was a bust or a bad prospect. He is years away though. Vilardi will be ready in a year and Glass in 1-2 years. We need help soon our team is awful. I love the Canucks I hate seeing them as bottom feeders. 

Actually, although I hate to see us lose, and being bad, I am probably glad that we are going to suck another year, with the hope of landing a franchise defence man. 

I also wanted us to get some toughness, and even a few scores, but JB know better than me, so.... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Actually, although I hate to see us lose, and being bad, I am probably glad that we are going to suck another year, with the hope of landing a franchise defence man. 

I also wanted us to get some toughness, and even a few scores, but JB know better than me, so.... 

We are going to suck next year there is no sugar coating that. At least next year is a stronger draft year, where we can maybe get a number 1 Dman if the lotto doesn't screw is again. 

We are going to suck next year there is no sugar coating that. At least next year is a stronger draft year, where we can maybe get a number 1 Dman if the lotto doesn't screw is again. 

Surely we won't get shafted again.... Maybe.... :mellow:

Just now, spook007 said:

Surely we won't get shafted again.... Maybe.... :mellow:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we get screwed again. We are going to be top 5 bad again though so a top 10 pick in a deep draft will be nice. We are still a few pieces away from being a legit up and coming team. 

1 minute ago, messier's_elbow said:

Ok so who do you think will be a third liner? Vilardi? Glass? 

I see Peterson as having the elite skill set needed to be a top flight number one centre.  Vilardi and Glass belong to our competition, so I hate them now, and hope they bust.  Go Canucks Go!

2 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we get screwed again. We are going to be top 5 bad again though so a top 10 pick in a deep draft will be nice. We are still a few pieces away from being a legit up and coming team. 

Agree and a few more drafts will see us have the nucleus  of our future team... 

Edited by spook007

Just now, Alflives said:

I see Peterson as having the elite skill set needed to be a top flight number one centre.  Vilardi and Glass belong to our competition, so I hate them now, and hope they bust.  Go Canucks Go!

Way to dodge the question. Since when have you been politically correct?

• Upvote 1

Hopefully Bo signs a long term deal.... he's the glue that will hold everything together before we turn things around...

He already is the captain of this team, irrelevant which line he plays on. I have zero doubt about him signing a long term deal....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Way to dodge the question. Since when have you been politically correct?

Got caught in a blizzard, and all those "snow flakes" changed me.  :lol:

No, I was high on Glass too, but saw him as a tweener (2 or 3). Not a one.  I don't think Vilardi is a centre at all in the NHL.

Petersson is the only guy, other than the top two, with number one centre elite skills.  Heck I think Petersson is more skilled than the top two guys too.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Got caught in a blizzard, and all those "snow flakes" changed me.  :lol:

No, I was high on Glass too, but saw him as a tweener (2 or 3). Not a one.  I don't think Vilardi is a centre at all in the NHL.

Petersson is the only guy, other than the top two, with number one centre elite skills.  Heck I think Petersson is more skilled than the top two guys too.  

I like how Petterson is a slick playmaker and I see his ceiling being a Backstrom type....I think Vilardi will be back at centre next year. Steal of a pick for LA...