The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I looked it up. U20 players hank and danny tied 2nd in history with 14 points in 13 SHL playoff games. Pettersson currently is 12 points in 10 games and still has 2 1/2 games left. All time leader is: Axel Holmstrom who has 18 points in 15 games.

I'm not even sure if those point totals are up to date yet. Do we know his post season totals so far this playoffs?

Kopitar had 11 points in 10 seasons. And.. the twins record is their second full season in the SHL.

1 minute ago, ForzaTikare said:

He is @14 points now

Oh so he's just gonna smash that record too lol

12 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I keep watching that replay and seeing things I missed live. Did Pettersson actually go stick to skate to stick and then score? It’s so quick and maybe just the angle but looks like he kicked it up. Also the way the Skellefteå player looks to have him lined up but somehow he misses and Elias squeezes by along the boards.

He does get the outside of his skate on it after he appears to tip it across the crease to avoid the poke check and whether it was on purpose or it just happened is irrelevant really. at 41 seconds of the replay :shock:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I obviously don’t know Swedish literary criticism as well as I should because I initially thought #10 on that list (“Lotta Lotass”) was something very different.

We had a big scandal here with the Swedish Academy, she is a writer that asked to leave the academy

9 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

For the ones watching... This is Växjös backup keeper, their starter is out with a concussion 

I meant to ask last game if Fasth was even playing. Crazy good team game if they're doing it without him.

And of course Swedish Gretzky!

Elias Pettersson "Records are meant to be broken".

Haha ok he would never say that. But we need a Photoshop of him dressed like terminator quoting that. ^^ sunglasses and all.

Edited by Rush17

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

Just watched the replay of that goal and all I can say is Whaaaaaat? He sees his teammate behind him on the boards and decides to let the puck continue onto him instead of taking possession and taking the big hit from the defender in the corner. Then proceeds straight to the net and he's wide open to receive the pass. His hockey IQ is off the scale.

I know...I was watching the game and when I saw Pettersson go into the corner with the defender right on him I was really curious to know how Pettersson would handle the oncoming check.  Well not only did Pettersson slinky out of getting hit he turned it into a goal.  I'm sure the defender was excited to lay a lick on the skinny young kid but he made him the fool and dummied him. 

• Cheers 1