The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Waa that rather animated coach behind the Skellefteå bench actually former Canuck Bert Robertsson? 

That guy was going full Torts for a while there. 

Yes it is, coaching Skellefteå for the last 7 seasons (6 finals, 2 championships)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ForzaTikare said:

Pettersson grabbing 3 chocolate chip cookies and a banana in the dressing room

... Wait, did the updates go too far now?

Saw that too. Kinda laughed because he was so quick to the post game snacks. The rest of the guys were sitting down and taking their gear off first but Elias was right to the table and loading up on snacks before heading to his stall.

1 hour ago, ForzaTikare said:

Look at the way he works the puck, he doesnt take it at the first chance, he chips it to himself at the other side of the goal

ha the coach looks like the comedian Jerry D is it?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Saw that too. Kinda laughed because he was so quick to the post game snacks. The rest of the guys were sitting down and taking their gear off first but Elias was right to the table and loading up on snacks before heading to his stall.

don't we need to get calories in right after exertion for us to metabolize them the best?  Maybe he's just super focused on being the best he can possibly be for the next game too?  The kid is something very special for sure.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

My phone isn't auto translating. I shall read at home. :D thanks. The title says enough.

I know it's early. But could this be the best forward ever to come out of Sweden?  All the commentators and experts can't believe how amazing he is. Probably the best thing since Forsberg for sure. Kent Nilsson was amazing back in the day I heard.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

New Crusade: Växjö drove over Skellefteå - after Elias Pettersson's solo show

"It's so violently nice," says Sanny Lindström in C More.

The goal was Pettersson's second in the final series and fifth overall score.
- You are joking what an arsenal this boy has in his hockey game. Oh my God. I'm stirring, says expert Johan Tornberg in C More and agrees with Sanny Lindström:
"That's so high level so I do not think people think. It is so violently neat."

So poetic, those Swedes...

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kent Nilsson was the most gifted player around, when he played over here.  I remember a HNIC interview with him.  He was on his skates after a practice standing at center ice.  The reporter asked him how many tries it would take to hit the cross bar of the goal, from center?  Nilsson took one slap shot, and it hit the cross bar.  He did it first shot.  The guy was magic.  He wasn't so motivated to be the best though, so he could have even been better.

I don't get the impression EP has that issue. TBH I didn't follow Nilsson, but sounds like Calgary had something special there for a while. 

1 hour ago, Pepe Silvia said:

He's probably sick of everyone telling him he's too skinny. Gettin those calories in.

Trevor spoke right after they drafted him how nice it must be to be told to bulk up and not worry at all about eating whatever crap you want - I'm paraphrasing I'm sure but it wasn't too far off of that.

1 hour ago, ForzaTikare said:

Playoff totals

image.thumb.png.f07a8d742989e25ab1c41cebb73bc897.png

This game

image.thumb.png.7c666acdae9a95ba63583c503a8c8d6a.png

4 hits in 11 playoff games - kid's obviously soft.  He's a BUST.  Trade him now.  How would he ever cope vs. the Jets and their 'Heavy' game.  Clearly we need Moller who hits and can play Heavy - he's the kind of player the Heavy Jets would've drafted ....LOL!  ::D

• Upvote 4