The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I’m the ultimate balloon popper, but even I’m hyped to see Elias next year.  

He’s dominating and they’re winning, which is the most exciting aspect of it.

It might be important to spend some of the cap money on players from winning teams who also expect to win. If we need to overpay for a shorter term then so be it, but I’d like to see some guys with Stanley Cup rings or at least a lot of playoff success.  Elias will need a couple of years where he can be allowed to acclimate to the NHL on a third line and Canucks don’t have enough good forwards to afford him that.

20 minutes ago, Isam said:

Nothing wrong with following the whalers. They had some killer unis back in the day.

Not to mention they wore Cooperalls for awhile...lol

Edited by JamesBlondage
  • Upvote 1

Thing is, if this was his D+1 and he had stayed in CHL like Cody Glass (who I was on the record as wanting Canucks to draft) and he was leading WHL in playoff scoring, people would be pretty excited for him as a prospect.   I keep having to remind myself, this isn't the CHL - this is arguably the next best professional league in the world after the AHL (and perhaps as good in many ways) and he led the entire league in scoring and now is going to try and do it in the playoffs too.  

Seriously, this doesn't really easily compute.   I know he didn't step right into the NHL this year so hard to know exactly what he is until he does that but the numbers he is putting up, and he is creating most of this (these are not second assists from sheltered minutes), would translate to insane numbers in CHL and perhaps even crazy numbers in NHL.   

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

What kind of players is EP playing with?

I see Rosen and Shinimin on the score sheet a lot. Are they puck retrievers? I'm trying to think who would be the best fit for him next year.

My gut is telling me we need two vets (a la Plekanec and Marleau with Marner)

Edited by Zoolander

2 minutes ago, Zoolander said:

What kind of players is EP playing with?

I see Rosen and Shinimin on the score sheet a lot. Are they puck retrievers? I'm trying to think who would be the best fit for him next year.

My gut is telling me we need two vets (a la Plekanec and Marleau with Marner)

Eriksson Bozak Pettersson

If you must. :)