The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

while I am equally excited, we all need to realize that dominating in the SHL is not necessarily a path to NHL success right away.  We've seen that time and again, the top SHL players come over and can't cut it in the NHL.  There will likely be an adjustment period and it's not impossible that he spends some time in Utica

....Just Watch....!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Before the season, it was a 2 year projection. 

Then, he went on to dominate SHL, breaking records. 

At the end of the season, it was a 0 ~ 1 year projection. 

Then, he goes to elevate his game even more in the playoffs and dominates the SHL playoffs. 

He was already an elite, being drafted 5th overall. 

But he keeps challenging himself to get better and whatever positive expectations put on him, he far exceeded them.

I originally thought it was gonna be a 2 year process. But I was gravely wrong. 

He could be ready next year. Only he knows the plan and everyone else should just follow and watch. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He had a nice interview after the game... my Swedish is a bit rusty.

But I think he actually said we're probably going to win the first pick overall and looks forward to playing with Dahlin.

This kid is underrated hilarious. He’s going to provide even more entertaining interviews than Bieksa!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

This is translated from Swedish so apologize for errors:

Skellefteå AIK's psyche war against Elias Pettersson: "They must scream what they want"

Skellefteå AIK's psyche war against Elias Pettersson: "They must scream what they want"

Skellefteå AIK got streak in two straight matches of Växjö. 
To break down the resistance, Skellefteå has begun a psyche war - focused on Elias Petterson. 
"I do not care," said the superlative to Sportbladet.
Växjö managed to win another victory against Skellefteå AIK, in the SM final and now leads 2-0 in matches with a goal difference of 11-0 (!).

In his vulnerable position, Skellefteå draws another method to balance the opponents: namely a psyche war.

On the radar of the Northern Lions there is mainly the super talent Elias Pettersson.

According to information to Sportbladet Skellefteåbacken Jonathan Pudas has screamed "devil pussy" to Växjöforwarden.

The steam zone, however, shakes off the verbal attack with simplicity.

"I'm not going to stand here and say who's sh*t and what's said. But some like to talk more than others, says Pettersson to Sportbladet and continues: 

- They may scream what they want, I do not care. I try to get them out of balance by just checking them.

So-called "trashtalk" is commonly found on the ice, but sometimes it goes too far, like, for example, when Linus Söderström is the child of a Bryn player.

Sports magazine: Where do you think the limit is going?

- It's feelings. In these games I have not agreed that it is overriding. It's trashtalk and I have no problem with it. All trash talks with everyone, says Elias Pettersson.

Anna Svedberg
0660-295532anna.svedberg@mittmedia.se
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

To break down the resistance, Skellefteå has begun a psyche war - focused on Elias Petterson. 
Växjö managed to win another victory against Skellefteå AIK, in the SM final and now leads 2-0 in matches with a goal difference of 11-0 (!).

In his vulnerable position, Skellefteå draws another method to balance the opponents: namely a psyche war.

On the radar of the Northern Lions there is mainly the super talent Elias Pettersson.

According to information to Sportbladet Skellefteåbacken Jonathan Pudas has screamed "devil pussy" to Växjöforwarden.

"I'm not going to stand here and say who's sh*t and what's said. But some like to talk more than others, says Pettersson to Sportbladet and continues: 

- They may scream what they want, I do not care. I try to get them out of balance by just checking them.

So-called "trashtalk" is commonly found on the ice, but sometimes it goes too far, like, for example, when Linus Söderström is the child of a Bryn player.

- It's feelings. In these games I have not agreed that it is overriding. It's trashtalk and I have no problem with it. All trash talks with everyone, says Elias Pettersson.

Anna Svedberg

That is some mean trash talking

11 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Anna Svedberg

The problem with trash talking Pettersson, is that as soon as the words leave your mouth, he's got another point.

• Haha 1