-Vintage Canuck-

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

Recommended Posts

granted we only see the highlights, but rarely does he shoot the puck anywhere near the goalie.  Even in tight on his goal today, it's top corner. 

 

Shoot em where they ain't kid.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

....Gee I wonder if he should spend some time in Utica...to learn the NA game....

 

Remember all the folks saying stuff like that...

 

EP has shown he is the best player taken in the last draft already....he is going to take the NHL by storm...

 

The kid doesn't take a night off...superhuman in many ways ...and don't forget the magic hands...!

 

Just WOW...!

don't kid yourself, there will be an adjustment period. Who knows how long but even the best players have a big learning curve when they first break in to the NHL.

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Out-sped both defenders to the puck.

 

 

Probably the sexiest empty netter I've ever seen, toe drag under pressure ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

....Gee I wonder if he should spend some time in Utica...to learn the NA game....

 

Remember all the folks saying stuff like that...

 

EP has shown he is the best player taken in the last draft already....he is going to take the NHL by storm...

 

The kid doesn't take a night off...superhuman in many ways ...and don't forget the magic hands...!

 

Just WOW...!

while I am equally excited, we all need to realize that dominating in the SHL is not necessarily a path to NHL success right away.  We've seen that time and again, the top SHL players come over and can't cut it in the NHL.  There will likely be an adjustment period and it's not impossible that he spends some time in Utica

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Pistol Pete killing it once again I see.

Regular game. Only three points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stawns said:

while I am equally excited, we all need to realize that dominating in the SHL is not necessarily a path to NHL success right away.  We've seen that time and again, the top SHL players come over and can't cut it in the NHL.  There will likely be an adjustment period and it's not impossible that he spends some time in Utica

Fair enough but there's a big difference in the journeyman 25 year old NHLer who dominates the SHL and tries to make a comeback, and someone in their D+1. It's unheard of. 

 

He may need time in the AHL but he showed this entire year he learns faster than he has any right to. I don't think 65-70 games with the Canucks is unrealistic

Edited by Zhukini
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely sheltered minutes to start. But I think he'll make his mark on the PP. We'll probably sub him in for Baer/Goldy/Leipsic for a few games to begin with, when he does come up. Then fold him into the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

Fair enough but there's a big difference in the journeyman 25 year old NHLer who dominates the SHL and tries to make a comeback, and someone in their D+1. It's unheard of. 

 

He may need time in the AHL but he showed this entire year he learns faster than he has any right to. I don't think 65-70 games with the Canucks is unrealistic

I agree completely, in no way do I think he'll bust, I think he's going to be a franchise player, fnally.  I just think that dominating the SHL doesn't mean instant success in the NHL and I hope that they aren't against putting him in the spot to be most successful.  BB had a great first half, but once guys figured him out, his effectiveness decreased and the grind of the season was evident.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EP seems to be the type of player that's constantly learning. Taking in new information and adjusting on the fly. I think he makes the team right off the bat (partially due to the fact that there's going to be a lot of pressure to get him in the lineup) and starts out relatively quietly, getting sheltered minutes and chipping in here and there, but by the halfway point of the season is our most productive forward. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Just like OJ yesterday, he looked slow and tentative and was beaten to a lot of pucks.   He looks game but isn't ready for the NA game while playing in this soft league.   I was expecting so much more out of a fifth overall pick.   I mean he is trying but clearly is close to being a bust which is too bad as I really was pulling for him.   

 

 

 

Hey, just wanted to see if I could right a summary of a game I didn't watch to make sure I got a narrative across.   Did I do ok?

A damn fine job indeed.

  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teammate Rosén (who's 30) the only other player even close and over 1PPG, and Elias is close to 1.5.  The +/- is crazy, too.

 

image.png.fbdbaf1bf53a72e57c254747fa0e6e20.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Teammate Rosén (who's 30) the only other player even close and over 1PPG, and Elias is close to 1.5.  The +/- is crazy, too.

 

image.png.fbdbaf1bf53a72e57c254747fa0e6e20.png

Kinda cool he has 4 PIM too....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Add in the record setting U20 regular season scoring and 1 point from matching the all time U20 playoff mark, and this is truly a season for the ages.

Indeed, it's turning into a blowout considering GP.

 

image.png.9a312ba6eb78d0f83b83c06a8421f745.png

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.