The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, TGokou said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but EP has only played average of 16 minutes of icetime both in regular season and playoffs. Both Nicklas Backstrom and William Nylander played average of 19 minutes during their seasons so when you calculate from a points per minutes played EP's stats would be more impressive and I could see a situation where he has about 16% more points than he currently does if he had played 19 minutes a game.

William Nylander is a “double flamingo” player, and should never be mentioned in the same breath with our EP.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

William Nylander is a “double flamingo” player, and should never be mentioned in the same breath with our EP.  

Saw a play in the latter part of that first. He wanted to avoid contact and hesitated to take body contact. His teammate still got the puck but the D man closed in very quick. Got pinned vs the boards.

William seems hestitant to take contact. You can't win with that against the Bruins.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I misread that as "chess pierogies" lol

I think my stomach is trying to tell me something. :lol:

Mmmm cheese perogies!

I don’t know who to cheer for.  Leafs staying alive helps the comets... but I hate the leafs... AND I hate the Bruins... but I hate the leafs more I guess.  

Go Boston!

Oops.  Totally wrong thread... with the Marner talk I thought this was the Bos/Tor thread.  Ah well.  I stand by what I said.  All of it.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Mmmm cheese perogies!

I don’t know who to cheer for.  Leafs staying alive helps the comets... but I hate the leafs... AND I hate the Bruins... but I hate the leafs more I guess.  

Go Boston!

Oops.  Totally wrong thread... with the Marner talk I thought this was the Bos/Tor thread.  Ah well.  I stand by what I said.  All of it.

Lol. Let's hope the leafs win. Let our kids challenge for the Calder :)

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

What I love is the score and his drive to burry the goal still. This guy sure makes the loss of the Sedins a little easier. 

What I love is the fact that, in cutting to the net he contacts the Skelleftea defender...and just keeps going. The kid is sturdy on his skates!

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, I don't see the comparable with Shinkaruk.  Lind is not afraid to go to the hard areas and doesn't simply feast on powerplay time.  Lind at 19 is already 2" taller and about the same weight (although I don't buy Hunter being anywhere near 190 unless something drastic happened the past couple years).

I don't think he was literally comparing for what it is worth.  When I pushed back he meant in terms of a player that could dominate in CHL who he didn't think could translate to NHL.   One opinion.   I don't fully agree with him either.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, buddyguy said:

As others have said, as awesome as it is to see EP breaking records and stepping up his game for the playoffs, we need to temper our expectations a little bit. There will for sure be an adjustment period for him in the first couple of months of his NHL career.

Once he gets comfortable and starts adjusting to his teammates and the NHL pace, then watch out. He will turn into a stud. Just not in his first NHL game. Patience is key folks.

feel free to aim low if you wish

i expect him to score on his first shift

but i will be ok, and not hold it against him, if he does not

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Thanks for the update. I disagree about Lind as well. Just listening to Ryan Johnsons recent interview and he shed some really important light to me about Lind. Which is he is pretty shocked about the difference of hockey in the WHL compared to the AHL. Johnson goes on to state that he is happy with his progress as he is taking it all in stride and is taking the humble approach and watching and learning. Some prospects aren't ready right away. Some need to see what it's like to be a Pro every day all day on ice or off it, so to me it's still a win that he is taking this information and not getting cocky about it, and not taking this opportunity for granted whether he plays or not. 

not that my views have much value

but i do not think there is any doubt

that lind's drive and determination  appears to be elite quality

i never recall thinking that about shinkaruk

• Cheers 1