The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I'm happy that you have finally excepted Pettersson into the family despite hoping for other options at #5. I know you and many other posters weren't the happiest after the pick. It shows a lot of maturity and openness on your part. Good job, buddy. 

Hey I can admit when I'm wrong. I always thought Petterson was a very good prospect though, I was just shocked when we took him so early at 5th and his weight scared me. I'm honestly glad we are going for pure skilled guys these days. His ceiling is very high from what I can tell from how good his hands and vision are.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

Seriously love EP, but wtf is a Bruins fan doing in the background, his parents raised him wrong 

Screenshot_20170708-204502.png

charge yo phone and answer yo messages smh 

• Upvote 2

Elias Pettersson reminds me quite a bit of Thomas Gradin.

Head up, slowing everything down around him, super aware, super skilled, sublime passing and receiving, and the puck is in the net before the tender realizes what's been done.

Edited by Goal:thecup
spelling
  • Upvote 4

If Green is content I am too. He's not an easy guy to please.

I was a similar size to EP at his age. I couldnt put on weight mostly due to excessive cardio and not enough proper nutrition/weights. Starter doing some different exercises for muscles I didnt use much and put on 10 pounds in 2 months. 

Sounds like the Lakers made the decision not Dahlen. It will be good for Pettersson to play with lot's of other people instead of just having one guy to play with all the time, it will be good for his development.

2 hours ago, Lakers said:

Dahlén will play in the AHL. Lakers just signed Janne Pesonen. Interesting to see how Pettersson will handle SHL without Dahlén.

Good news for Utica. Do you read into it as the lakers not having as much confidence in Dahlen as EP or just that they are being proactive and expecting JD to sign with Utica anyway?

Good question. I'm guessing the our GM told Cancucks GM that "We need to know now, otherwise we're gonna sing someone else instead". I think that Dahlén wants to give it a go in NA, since he has the confidence to make the team this season. Lakers GM also added "this is the line-up we will start with this season", so maybe he'll have Dahlén as an option if it suits all parties? Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lakers said:

Good question. I'm guessing the our GM told Cancucks GM that "We need to know now, otherwise we're gonna sing someone else instead". I think that Dahlén wants to give it a go in NA, since he has the confidence to make the team this season. Lakers GM also added "this is the line-up we will start with this season", so maybe he'll have Dahlén as an option if it suits all parties? Time will tell.

I think the Dahlen Petterson must play together stuff is crap anyways. If they end up together in van that's cool but who really cares? 

1 hour ago, messier's_elbow said:

I think the Dahlen Petterson must play together stuff is crap anyways. If they end up together in van that's cool but who really cares? 

Yup, probably better to get Dahlen over here sooner than later to the NA game on NA ice.  If he shows well, he certainly could see some NHL games, too.  Would also help prepare the way for his friend's eventual transition.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yup, probably better to get Dahlen over here sooner than later to the NA game on NA ice.  If he shows well, he certainly could see some NHL games, too.  Would also help prepare the way for his friend's eventual transition.

I was always a fan of euro players coming over as soon as possible. Playing over there certainly didn't help Jensen any.

Unfortunate, but at least it doesn't mean they'll be separated at the hip to the point where they pretty much have to play with each other all the time.

Not to mention it means we have a very good shot at seeing Dahlen play for the big club at some point next season.

Or he could end up signing with a different SHL team. I think they truly intend to decide after training camp. Young stars could possibly be enough of an indication to make a decision if Dahlen  plays extremely well.