The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Old school nuck said:

When you take into account all Swedish prospects then you can say very few have been able to transfer their SHL success into NHL success but the very few you talk about are the elite cream of the crop prospects like EP . 

JB thinks EP will play in the nhl even if its sheltered minutes.

The people who say he may need to play in the AHL for a bit are mostly Comet fans and you can't blame them for wanting to see all the young nuck prospects in Utica for a little while anyway.

Everybody wants to see EP play this year and that would translate into big ticket and merchandise  sales in both Utica and Van , unfortunately for comet fans, EP in Vancouver makes the organization more money.

I agree, I think he'll be in Van and that the same standard, coming out of the SHL, doesn't really apply.  However, it's certainly not impossible that he will need time in Utica and if he does, it will be nothing but good for him

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree, I think he'll be in Van and that the same standard, coming out of the SHL, doesn't really apply.  However, it's certainly not impossible that he will need time in Utica and if he does, it will be nothing but good for him

I agree its possible although unlikely because he has still gotta prove he belongs in the nhl like any prospect no matter how high hes taken in the draft.

12 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yeah, the last guy I remember with such an unusual training method was Bure, who dragged around a parachute when he skated in training.  The I remember him stepping around all kinds of defenders and they would hook him, and he would just pull through the hook.

That's some Rocky Balboa training right there :)

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Maybe Elias's body will catch up to the size of his head, much like how the size of a dogs paw could indicate it's potential size full grown? :huh:

Good God!!!  He is gonna be 6'4" and 230!   Wooooo!!   :unsure:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah, skinny kid but a Giant Back-Sloping Ancient Alien Head!

No wonder he out-thinks everyone on the ice.View image on Twitter

Uh he looks like the wind could pick him up

29 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Look like 2nd line right wing will be Pettersson’s spot on Tre Kronor, at least per today’s practice lines:

That 2RW slot has served him pretty well this year (it was his usual lineup spot with Växjö). :) 

Dirty top-4 D-corps this team has... great spot for Elias to be in though! Backlund is a heck of a player

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Guile said:

Dirty top-4 D-corps this team has... great spot for Elias to be in though! Backlund is a heck of a player

Yeah, for all the negative talk about Grönborg, it looks like the coach has put Pettersson in a real sweet spot on the Tre Kronor roster. 

Nyquist and Backlund are two of the Swedish team’s most experienced NHL players, have plenty of skill, skate well, and have refined two-way games.

That has the looks of a great line for Pettersson to do his thing alongside a couple very talented players who can really support and compliment his game.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, for all the negative talk about Grönborg, it looks like the coach has put Pettersson in a real sweet spot on the Tre Kronor roster. 

Nyquist and Backlund are two of the Swedish team’s most experienced NHL players, have plenty of skill, skate well, and have refined two-way games.

That has the looks of a great line for Pettersson to do his thing alongside a couple very talented players who can really support and compliment his game.

Cant wait for friday! 

• Cheers 1

Some of EP's Swedish teammates at the World Jr.'s just got suspended for not wearing the silver medals, glad EP used common sense and good judgement and did not do the same.  Some of the suspensions were between 2 -4 IIHF games, so that's pretty harsh.  Glad that idiot coach got suspended as well.

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Some of EP's Swedish teammates at the World Jr.'s just got suspended for not wearing the silver medals, glad EP used common sense and good judgement and did not do the same.  Some of the suspensions were between 2 -4 IIHF games, so that's pretty harsh.  Glad that idiot coach got suspended as well.

Just read this as well. Andersson got 4 games, the three coaches 3 games, and the other players 2 games.

Honestly, I’d have been a lot tougher on the coaches. With the players, these are young men, and while they must be responsible for their actions, it’s more understandable to see boys/men at that mental development stage show some momentary lack of judgment and rash behaviour without consideration of the consequences or propriety during such moments.

As for the coaches, these are grown ass men and they should’ve known better. They have no excuse.

I’d have gone harder on the coaches and maybe a little easier on the players (even if Andersson’s actual actions were probably the worst of the bunch).