The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

No, but the Bruins just lost to TBay in OT?  :towel:

its not the same lol.  I'd rather see our guy instead of another persons suffer lol

Their next game is like Sunday at 5am

Edited by Rush17

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Chill out.........he's just saying it's possible that he might need some seasoning, not that he absolutely needs to start in Utica.  People can have different opinions

Its still one game. 1    the coach was very impressed with his passing and his play away from the puck. Kinda breaking him in slowly

Honestly, the fact that he didn't produce the one game is good for character building.

Pettersson's going to produce the next game. He's going to make sure of it. It will reinforce to him how hard it actually is, even though he just dominated the best league in Sweden.

• Upvote 1

He will see a tick up in speed when he faces Russia, Canada, USA Slovakia, Czech etc lol. I'm excited the next game is tomorrow at 5. 

I will try and get up early for it. See how I feel tho. Weekends are my catchup time on sleep lol

EP made everything he did ...work...

The whole game he only made one flub...missing on a one-timer, from a short hard pass....everything else he tried to do either worked directly or worked out..

The problem was he didn't get many chances, low ice time and Nyquist stole his goal...shooting from EP's spot on the right side.

EP keeps forgetting he is not supposed to be able to fly...he just about took off...ala Bobby Orr at least once...trying to backcheck...the kid has a tonne of spunk ...he just has to remember humans can't fly....

There is no doubt in my mind he was the most talented player on the ice...!

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

you can tell the kid has all the talent in the world. but he is not strong enough yet on his skates. i see him, a year away from the nhl. 

Try squinting and looking sideways....

He is strong enough...he just tries to hard and flies off his skates...it's an alien thing...

15 hours ago, stawns said:

Chill out.........he's just saying it's possible that he might need some seasoning, not that he absolutely needs to start in Utica.  People can have different opinions

Chill out...people can have different opinions...

...works both ways...and always....

Time in Utica for EP is not in the cards nor should it be for a Calder trophy candidate...!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

you can tell the kid has all the talent in the world. but he is not strong enough yet on his skates. i see him, a year away from the nhl. 

thats certainly part of it, but he's also very lanky, its also probably just getting that stringy frame of his to move quicker. 

It's always taken him a little bit this year, he didn't start the regular season or playoffs particularly well and we all know how that ended up. 

I'd expect more of what we were expecting by game 3 or even next game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

Perhaps just a summer. :). His skating /falling could be due to time off.  He hasn't skated in game action for a while.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Perhaps just a summer. :). His skating /falling could be due to time off.  He hasn't skated in game action for a while.

His skating/falling is due to trying too hard...it is clear as day that is his only issue....the kid is literally trying to fly...at times...

6 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

His skating/falling is due to trying too hard...it is clear as day that is his only issue....the kid is literally trying to fly...at times...

Yeah he is only going to get better. They really limited his ice time too. That probably doesn't help lol

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

His skating/falling is due to trying too hard...

Actually, it is due to gravity.    My guess the way the kid learns, he will master that obstacle too and be able to play without gravity interfering sooner than later.   Time is still a bit of a remaining obstacle but until he gets that last Infinity Stone, he needs to rely upon his other abilities.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Actually, it is due to gravity.    My guess the way the kid learns, he will master that obstacle too and be able to play without gravity interfering sooner than later.   Time is still a bit of a remaining obstacle but until he gets that last Infinity Stone, he needs to rely upon his other abilities.

Pettersson snaps his fingers against Boston. Cut to Marchand, "Mr. Chara, I don't feel so good."

• Haha 4