The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Same money, more depth. 

I would take Jenner over Gagner and a throw in any day personally and I think so would the Jackets.  

If it's a player that they would "want" from the Canucks I'm not sure the deal is worth doing.  I don't see a deal here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Borvat said:

Oh okay so they lose money each year got it.  Just not sure how 2 worse cheaper players that will still likely total what he will receive helps them.

Would be awesome if we could pull a couple of those deals off though.

They won't take a bunch of mediocre fodder for a good player in all likelihood. Although we wish they would lol.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Borvat said:

I would take Jenner over Gagner and a throw in any day personally and I think so would the Jackets.  

If it's a player that they would "want" from the Canucks I'm not sure the deal is worth doing.  I don't see a deal here.

Do the Jackets have a cap dump we could take?  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do the Jackets have a cap dump we could take?  

I'm sure they would part with Dubinsky but then they need Jenner even more.  Plus I wouldn't want Dubinksy. I would love to have Jenner.  I don't see a fit.

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I'm sure they would part with Dubinsky but then they need Jenner even more.  Plus I wouldn't want Dubinksy. I would love to have Jenner.  I don't see a fit.

Woah, Dubinsky would be a great ''foundational'' player to help mentor our young players. If he could be had as a cap dump >> I'm all in!

I believe Jenner discussions come up because he has a less exciting role, is asked to block shots & play defence in Torts system.  Guys here on CDC salivate for both the PF stereotype, and the guy that was scoring bigger numbers when put in an offensive role before Torts. They speculate Jenner would be frustrated by the lesser role, may not sign long term & play free agency when he turns 26 as the season after this one ends.

No doubt, his coach just keeps telling him, ''know your role & shut your mouth!'' Will leave it to his GM to handle contracts. 

40 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Woah, Dubinsky would be a great ''foundational'' player to help mentor our young players. If he could be had as a cap dump >> I'm all in!

I believe Jenner discussions come up because he has a less exciting role, is asked to block shots & play defence in Torts system.  Guys here on CDC salivate for both the PF stereotype, and the guy that was scoring bigger numbers when put in an offensive role before Torts. They speculate Jenner would be frustrated by the lesser role, may not sign long term & play free agency when he turns 26 as the season after this one ends.

No doubt, his coach just keeps telling him, ''know your role & shut your mouth!'' Will leave it to his GM to handle contracts. 

Would welcome Jenner absolutely.  Dubinsky has 3 years left at $5.85 Million and is 32 years old.  16 points in 62 games last year.  He makes Erikssons deal look not that bad.  I just don't think more older players that are overpaid and past their prime are a good thing.  

Edited by Borvat
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Borvat said:

The proposal wasn't for Gagner straight across. And... say Granlund, wouldn't be a 'throw in' IMO. 

Edited by aGENT

33 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The proposal wasn't for Gagner straight across. And... say Granlund, wouldn't be a 'throw in' IMO. 

I seriously doubt they do that deal.  I know if Jenner played for the Canucks and the Canucks traded him for Gagner and Granlund fans would go ballistic (me included) and rightfully so.  We just won't agree on this. No worries.

On 02/06/2018 at 1:23 AM, NHL'er said:

We can't all be as brilliant as you now big boy. Master detector of  sarcasms across all times across the interwebs ;) 

doesnt take a big boy or any level of brilliance to detect sarcasm in that post. All it takes is a brain 

9 hours ago, cdgraham said:

doesnt take a big boy or any level of brilliance to detect sarcasm in that post. All it takes is a brain 

Your brain stops working once you're in the working world. maybe you'll learn that once you graduate from high school :)

13 hours ago, NHL'er said:

Your brain stops working once you're in the working world. maybe you'll learn that once you graduate from high school :)

Perhaps another thing that happens once your in the working world, is the development of an inner desire to start arguments with people on the internet who haven't even graduated high school?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cdgraham said:

Perhaps another thing that happens once your in the working world, is the development of an inner desire to start arguments with people on the internet who haven't even graduated high school?

I prey on the weak. And the annoying. :goat:

1 hour ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

are y'all having fun?

Back on topic, here's a great Video Tribute by Vaxjo to EP.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I think Pettersson will be a superstar eventually. Not sure I could see 120 to 150 points like someone mentioned earlier, but I could see 100. He's still basically a kid though, and there's a lot of transitioning for him, going from one part of the world playing in that league to NA and the NHL. He still needs to recover from his broken wrist and to put on a few train hard. Will he be ready by then? I could see him possibly taking one more year in Sweden. But if he stays with the team, he'll be heavily sheltered for a while. Maybe a Eriksson - Sutter - Pettersson line in the bottom 6, until he shows his scoring prowess and that he's also defensively responsible. Could be a year or two, but eventually he'll be great.