The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

When Boeser got hit by Clutterbuck everyone stood around and did nothing too (And they all saw the play). The only guy to actually go over to Clutterbuck and say something was Tyler Motte.

Like it or not this is the Sedin mantra carrying over to the next generation. Until we sign some players with some snarl to their game, we're not going to see the kind of swagger and pushback fans wanna see.

I know. When booth hurt himself on that slackline years back no one help him either. Could have at least rubbed his groin better. Smh.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

anyone here miss Derek Dorsett?  I also miss Bieska too.  He would have raged over Matheson and challenged him to a fight.

I also heard Nick Ritchie is having contract issues with Anahiem, maybe a trade can be done to bring him in. 

Ritchie would be a great addition and a Ritchie- Petey-Goldy line would be a big step up from having an invinsible Eriksson on the left wing. Nice call!

Fingers crossed!

Edited by Salming

4 hours ago, Salming said:

Ritchie would be a great addition and a Ritchie- Petey-Goldy line would be a big step up from having an invinsible Eriksson on the left wing. Nice call!

Fingers crossed!

Have you ever watched hockey? All this time I thought school was back in session.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Have you ever watched hockey? All this time I thought school was back in session.

Followed Louie closely since we've played for the same junior hockey side, Lerum, just outside Gothenburg only one year apart. Watched him emerge as a quick sniper in Dallas and his successful seasons with the Bruins.

But it's safe to say that he's only a shadow of his former self in the Canucks. More of a pk-player than goal-getter.

Great guy and wish him all the best, but from a Canuck point of view, I think we would be much better of with the phycical pressense of Ritchie. 

Btw the school-reference doesn't work. To cool (and old) for school and not living in the same time zone. And I don't want any childish internet brawl.

This forum is abOOOtt the Canucks, and this parts dreamy trades, not abOOOtt insulting ppl..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Salming said:

Followed Louie closely since we've played for the same junior hockey side, Lerum, just outside Gothenburg only one year apart. Watched him emerge as a quick sniper in Dallas and his successful seasons with the Bruins.

So, you should know that he's playing on the right side. He has been 'non spectacular', but definitely an asset to the Pettersson line.

7 minutes ago, Salming said:

But it's safe to say that he's only a shadow of his former self in the Canucks. More of a pk-player than goal-getter.

Great guy and wish him all the best, but from a Canuck point of view, I think we would be much better of with the phycical pressense of Ritchie. 

Btw the school-reference doesn't work. To cool (and old) for school and not living in the same time zone. And I don't want any childish internet brawl.

This forum is abOOOtt the Canucks, and this parts dreamy trades, not abOOOtt insulting ppl..

If anything, Eriksson has played better in the offensive zone this season than in his past two seasons with the Canucks. Pettersson has brought out something in him that I haven't seen. It's early, and I do apologize for the school reference. Tack!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Salming said:

Fingers crossed!

Isn’t Ritchie getting close to bust territory (I haven’t followed him since his draft but feel like I heard he was flopping)

2 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

So, you should know that he's playing on the right side. He has been 'non spectacular', but definitely an asset to the Pettersson line.

Yeah of course, Loui prefers the RW role but still competent as a LW, as Goldy, who's a lefty, still can opererate as an RW. Ritchie on the other hand is more off an all out LW. Got ahead of myself sorry.

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

If anything, Eriksson has played better in the offensive zone this season than in his past two seasons with the Canucks. Pettersson has brought out something in him that I haven't seen. It's early, and I do apologize for the school reference. Tack!

True, but i'm maybe more impressed with his defensive contribution, feels like his creativity and movement has vanished, and hey, EP would probably make most linemates pickup a second assist or two every now and then.

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Isn’t Ritchie getting close to bust territory (I haven’t followed him since his draft but feel like I heard he was flopping)

That may be true, 10th pick overall back in 2014 but a dissapointing season last year with alot of unessasary minor penalties and only a PPG at 0.31 during his Duck career (Loui 0.41 in Canucks). Still, after watching the Matheson hit again and the lack of response from fellow Canuck players, I'd love to have a line-mate to EP who stands up for him, and Ritchie would be a great fit and a cheap trade with potential.

17 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Love how few post who clearly have zero clue how this works and are calling Canuck players "gutless" etc.   NONE of you have a clue what was said on the ice, what was discussed post game in the room and where this will lead.   NONE of you.   On-ice is a different game than it was 20 years ago.   Totally different game.

There is a time and place.      What is "gutless" is making inane complaints when you have not a shred of understanding of what actually went down, what was actually said etc.   That is "gutless". 

This team is gutless, glad you loved the post.  And sorry all-pro, we do have a shred of understanding of what went down.  Star player got injured and no one did anything for 15min of game time, not even a face wash, nothing.   

43 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

This team is gutless, glad you loved the post.  And sorry all-pro, we do have a shred of understanding of what went down.  Star player got injured and no one did anything for 15min of game time, not even a face wash, nothing.   

This may be the most gutless post I have seen on CDC.    You have not a clue IMHO.   Lace them up sometime and learn about this great game.....or just on being totally ignorant of the game.  Your call.

• Wat 1

Until he’s a little older, stronger and more mature he will need to be sheltered physically. We were lucky enough to be gifted a star player. Let’s protect him at all costs. Put Virtanen on his line instead of Erickson. Virtanen isn’t much of a fighter but at least he’s not a cream puff. 

7 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Until he’s a little older, stronger and more mature he will need to be sheltered physically. We were lucky enough to be gifted a star player. Let’s protect him at all costs. Put Virtanen on his line instead of Erickson. Virtanen isn’t much of a fighter but at least he’s not a cream puff. 

How could Jake have changed the outcome of the Matheson hit?  The players were already skating away from the incident and Jake, being the fastest skater would have already be crossing the blue line.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

How could Jake have changed the outcome of the Matheson hit?  The players were already skating away from the incident and Jake, being the fastest skater would have already be crossing the blue line.

Yes your probably right. I’m talking in general terms though. Virtanen can create room and a bit more protection then Erickson can. Erickson has played ok so far this season but he’s a cream puff.