The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

rofl you are just afraid he may be onto somethng or he BS ....but in any degree, hits like he received can change a person ( and not always for the good lol ) ...guess when EP comesback, we shall see how he responds and see if his performance is effected in anyway lol

Think you misunderstood my response. I'm not the slightest worried... He is full of BS.

Yes EP can be hurt in the worst case scenario... but so can falling of a bicycle.

Even I can figure that out without having to read, what an 'expert' says. An expert who hasn't even examined the player. Utter rubbish...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

but if that doctor is right, well there goes canucks franchise player, even though i wanted elias to play this year, maybe he shoulda never played, and actually bulked up for another year,

i knew a player like matheson  would do this, since they know how tiny he is and fragile ......i really hope that doctor is wrong, and a idiot, but if anything he says is to some degree correct, if elias does comeback, he will be a different player, and i hope its not for the worse

If and if... Yes this was always going to happen at some stage. 

The job for EP40 is to learn to avoid thing like these from happening again... as far as possible.

You can't protect EP from everything that goes on on the ice...just like they couldn't protect Sedins from everything.

Actually find it extremely distasteful and pathetic of the paper to print $&!# like that without any thread of evidence the boy is actually seriously hurt...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rekker said:

Yip. I started reading it and didn't bite. One of the stupidest articles I've ever started to read. Pure sensationalism and guess work. What a joke.

I don't know if they have pressure from editors to write *something* but when I see stuff like this, I resist giving the article a hit (which I think can be viewed as an endorsement) and wait for the comments on CDC or twitter to confirm my suspicion.  There aren't a lot of Province articles that I read.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

If and if... Yes this was always going to happen at some stage. 

The job for EP40 is to learn to avoid thing like these from happening again... as far as possible.

You can't protect EP from everything that goes on on the ice...just like they couldn't protect Sedins from everything.

Actually find it extremely distasteful and pathetic of the paper to print $&!# like that without any thread of evidence the boy is actually seriously hurt...

You're absolutely right, EP is going to have to learn not to put himself in positions to get hurt.  The good news is that he is an unbelievably quick learner.  This is one area that the Sedin's could help him.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I don't know if they have pressure from editors to write *something* but when I see stuff like this, I resist giving the article a hit (which I think can be viewed as an endorsement) and wait for the comments on CDC or twitter to confirm my suspicion.  There aren't a lot of Province articles that I read.

So, so true. It's like a National Enquirer article. If it's in news print its good for lining the hamsters cage and that's about it.

• Haha 1

After a few days reflection, I still wanted a response from the team in the moment a small push back glove to the face scrum something, didn't have to be a fight , I still would like a protector on his line at all times until he gets used to the NHL . Some kind of deterrent  Zac MacEwen  comes to mind. Would not hurt, give a message that manhandling your star wont be tolerated .

7 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

but if that doctor is right, well there goes canucks franchise player, even though i wanted elias to play this year, maybe he shoulda never played, and actually bulked up for another year,

i knew a player like matheson  would do this, since they know how tiny he is and fragile ......i really hope that doctor is wrong, and a idiot, but if anything he says is to some degree correct, if elias does comeback, he will be a different player, and i hope its not for the worse

This is really one of those situations where it's really hard to judge what to make of things. There have been small players who have done well in this league. There have also been larger players like Pronger who lost a good chunk of his eye sight from the game. I don't think the game is reliant these days so much on size as it is skill, but emotions still happen and incidents like this still happen where one player gets frustrated at another and... well... oops....

That being said, this is a sad world when a doctor, who's not even a doctor, can just spew his mouth to appease the media.

EP skating today is a very good sign.  I could see him back in the lineup on Monday or Wednesday.  

I think that he got his bell rung pretty bad, and was held out more for precautionary reasons than having a concussion.  I don't think they would have had him travelling from Miami-Tampa-Pittsburgh-Winnepeg-Vancouver in a 6 day span and then back on the ice on day 7 if he had even a minor concussion. I am certainly no expert, just my thoughts.  

Excited to see this guy back in uniform.

• Cheers 2

Just now, BCNate said:

EP skating today is a very good sign.  I could see him back in the lineup on Monday or Wednesday.  

I think that he got his bell rung pretty bad, and was held out more for precautionary reasons than having a concussion.  I don't think they would have had him travelling from Miami-Tampa-Pittsburgh-Winnepeg-Vancouver in a 6 day span and then back on the ice on day 7 if he had even a minor concussion. I am certainly no expert, just my thoughts.  

Excited to see this guy back in uniform.

Retroactively placed on IR today. First game he's eligible to return to is Wednesday against VGK

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

So the Province is fishing for a visceral response from readers in the hopes that they will sell more papers?

Nothing new here.  Move along folks......

Ya, but like all the 'fake news' it is good for business!