The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

These games without him are certainly making a case for why he deserves MVP consideration if we make the playoffs. I don't think any other team relies on one player as much for success. Even McDavid has Draisaitl and a few other nice pieces to work with. Pettersson is literally playing with plugs who get shutout on a nightly basis without him. Haven't seen a stark contrast on a team in a while.

Obviously he won't get nominated but it's hard to argue. They should stop just dishing out the Hart to the highest scoring forward and consider what it actually means - most important to their team's success. Considering McDavid is contributing to literally half his team's goals he probably deserves it at the moment, but at this rate Pettersson should get a look.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

These games without him are certainly making a case for why he deserves MVP consideration if we make the playoffs. I don't think any other team relies on one player as much for success. Even McDavid has Draisaitl and a few other nice pieces to work with. Pettersson is literally playing with plugs who get shutout on a nightly basis without him. Haven't seen a stark contrast on a team in a while.

Obviously he won't get nominated but it's hard to argue. They should stop just dishing out the Hart to the highest scoring forward and consider what it actually means - most important to their team's success. Considering McDavid is contributing to literally half his team's goals he probably deserves it at the moment, but at this rate Pettersson should get a look.

I actually prefer the players Pettersson has around him, better than what the Oilers are offering McDavid (Now, had they kept Hall, that's a tougher call)

The only way for Elias to get stronger and avoid further injuries is to train in China. They have everything covered..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRkNuyAL06s

0:10 No more broken fingers.

0:28 No more fatigue on road trips.

0:38 pain free from jabbing and slashing.

1:04 Blocking shots with your......

1:10 No more concussion.

1:18 Protection against blindside hits.

3:13 Fortify your teeth and jaw. 

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, Wilbur said:

But but, what will Maple Leaf fans do at 7pm on a Saturday?

They could spend the entire 3 hours basking in the glory of what it is to be a Leafs fan.  They could replay all of their glorious moments over the lifetime of the team and have a couple of hours to spare.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

They could spend the entire 3 hours basking in the glory of what it is to be a Leafs fan.  They could replay all of their glorious moments over the lifetime of the team and have a couple of hours to spare.

those two hours could be spent shoveling snow.  :shock:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Let's see '67, Sittler's 10 point night, Don Cherry kissing Doug Gilmour,  '67, a Wendal Clark beatdown and '67.

Did I forget anything?

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:17 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Good read, and great post. Also Elias makes the whole team better. Not enough made about that part of his game.  

Off topic but just to cheer up you young Canuck fans since 1970 Canucks have made three finals leafs zero conference champs Canucks three times leafs zero presidents trophy winner Canucks two leafs zero division champs Canucks ten leafs one. Last time Canucks played leafs in playoffs we won series 4-1, come on Elissa's bring the cup home

Edited by Cup2022
Add a stat that one div title for leafs since 1968

Turns out I was tracking things wrong and Gradin doesn't have the record for most goals by a rookie centre (though perhaps he should). Despite being 32 years old, Ivan Hlinka counted as a rookie when he scored 23 goals in 1981-82, his first NHL season. That's the number for Pettersson to beat.

1 hour ago, Cup2022 said:

The leafs last won a cup in a six team league only 6 wins won you the cup since then they are the worst team in pro sports never made a final since 67.

I will live in terror for the next few years till the once again melt down, cuz if they win a cup, there is a team, founded in 1970, that has never won one.  How much danger do you think I’m in?

37 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I will live in terror for the next few years till the once again melt down, cuz if they win a cup, there is a team, founded in 1970, that has never won one.  How much danger do you think I’m in?

This year next year the leafs are in cap hell and will have a worse d than this year

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cup2022 said:

Off topic but just to cheer up you young Canuck fans since 1970 Canucks have made three finals leafs zero conference champs Canucks three times leafs zero presidents trophy winner Canucks two leafs zero division champs Canucks ten leafs one. Last time Canucks played leafs in playoffs we won series 4-1, come on Elissa's bring the cup home

The Leafs have won the division only once since 1970? Wow. They have had some good players in the past so, I'm really surprised.

A recent article on Sportsnet (https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/12-silver-linings-canucks-despite-heavy-defeat-maple-leafs/), shows how butthurt they are regarding the Canucks. It's a pathetic article, a low kick to the Canucks but disguised under the title 12 silver linings. 

But their failure to win anything at any level (division, conference, league championship, let alone Stanley cup) shows why they are so sensitive.

I wonder, since the early 2000's, are we the most successful Canadian team in terms of trophies and banners lifted?