Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

4 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Hey!

It's Dirte

3 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Same hair style as rocker Rod Stewart had back in the early 70's

se88ajhz2rv11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=b59dd20a814bdfd63fa13017a9196f70d0872eb3Image result for joe dirt skoal

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

He is must watch tv - so much that I watched the SN crew gush about him during the intermission rather than switching to Team Canada at the WJC. 

Same here, I tend to usually change the channel during intermissions, but to see the panel gush over Pettersson is a nice pat on the back for the Canucks. Pettersson has given hope the Canucks Nation that they could possibly be in the playoffs this year. Saturday's game will be intense. HNIC against the Leafs.  

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Same here, I tend to usually change the channel during intermissions, but to see the panel gush over Pettersson is a nice pat on the back for the Canucks. Pettersson has given hope the Canucks Nation that they could possibly be in the playoffs this year. Saturday's game will be intense. HNIC against the Leafs.  

Hoping petey lights them up

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:29 AM, smokes said:

Love Pettersson but can't give Pettersson the Hart. When you look at what some of the things other players around the league are doing and Pettersson is ranked in the forties in terms of scoring, what Petey is doing is incredible but you can't take away from the likes of Kucherov, MacKinnen, or even McDavid. Let's just enjoy the ride the awesomeness of the first Canuck to win the Calder since Bure.

The year isn't over yet! He lis tied for the lead in the NHL in game winning goals, The fact that he could heat up and get 50. Plus help a team 100% (excluding fans) had in the  Hughes sweepstakes, So if he gets 50 goals and 50 ish assists and the Canucks make the play-offs? What accomplishments would you have as greater?

1ST year on smaller ice!

1st full year as a center ice man!

Best shooting percentage in the NHL!

In fact if you take out the 13 game slide the Canucks had (riddled with injuries) He has been before that stretch and after among the top 5 in ppg!

McDavid gets points in bunches but unlike Pettersson its often on the losing side of the score!

You say enjoy the ride and I agree, But I say hold on for the ride because everything gets easier for the Canucks in terms of rest and home games!

On 1/2/2019 at 4:29 AM, smokes said:

Love Pettersson but can't give Pettersson the Hart. When you look at what some of the things other players around the league are doing and Pettersson is ranked in the forties in terms of scoring, what Petey is doing is incredible but you can't take away from the likes of Kucherov, MacKinnen, or even McDavid. Let's just enjoy the ride the awesomeness of the first Canuck to win the Calder since Bure.

I don’t think he will win the Hart, but if they actually followed the definition of the award (which they never do), he would certainly be in contention.

”The player judged most valuable to his team”.

It isn’t about being the highest scorer in the league.

The percent of Cancucls goals he is involved in has to be amongst the highest in the league.  His GWG are tied with highest.  

The Canucls without Pettersson are a lot worse off than Tampa Bay without Kucherov.

• Upvote 1

If the Canucks make the playoffs and Pettersson is the clear winner of the Calder by February and has scored 40 goals by year's end, does he win the Hart then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

If the Canucks make the playoffs and Pettersson is the clear winner of the Calder by February and has scored 40 goals by year's end, does he win the Hart then?

He’d for sure be in the conversation, but OV is having a terrific year.  Garden gnome in Calgary is playing lights out too.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

What if he gets 50? And has like 12 to 14 game winning goals? I will say it now Elias heats up and has a better second half than first half! With 40 he doesn't win the hart but he will get some consideration!   50 he gets it! Only if the Canucks make the play-offs. And their may be others with better credentials but the NHL is about advertising and Elias is making headwinds across the board! What better than having the super rookie lead the canucks to the promised land score the winning goal on the first upset in the play-offs and not looking back until the third round when a unnamed Referee makes some Phantom calls.

PS Elias has 5 game winning goals since DEC 5th! 

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:22 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Friedman and Kypreos were talking that he would ''get votes.'' ''And deservedly so.''

Not that he was a lead candidate, or going to win.

I thought it was fair.

5 gwg since Dec 5th

2 minutes ago, cory40 said:

What if he gets 50? And has like 12 to 14 game winning goals? I will say it now Elias heats up and has a better second half than first half! With 40 he doesn't win the hart but he will get some consideration!   50 he gets it! Only if the Canucks make the play-offs. And their may be others with better credentials but the NHL is about advertising and Elias is making headwinds across the board! What better than having the super rookie lead the canucks to the promised land score the winning goal on the first upset in the play-offs and not looking back until the third round when a unnamed Referee makes some Phantom calls.

PS Elias has 5 game winning goals since DEC 5th! 

Canucks finished at the bottom 4 of the last 5 years, and to have a rookie come aboard, break records, be a lock for the Calder by New Years lol and wills the Canucks to a playoff spot - that would be incredible, and I'm not sure there would be a better NHL story out there. There might be slightly better players in the league, but those are not rookies and they play on Cup contending teams. For a small Swedish kid to suddenly raise the Canucks from the ashes and get them into the playoffs during a rebuild would be insane. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks finished at the bottom 4 of the last 5 years, and to have a rookie come aboard, break records, be a lock for the Calder by New Years lol and wills the Canucks to a playoff spot - that would be incredible, and I'm not sure there would be a better NHL story out there. There might be slightly better players in the league, but those are not rookies and they play on Cup contending teams. For a small Swedish kid to suddenly raise the Canucks from the ashes and get them into the playoffs during a rebuild would be insane. 

I gotta say I have watched the Canucks since the 82 run. I was a little worried about wasting time this year watching the chase for hughes. But man I can't wait until they play! I have watched every rookie highlight package available on You tube and man, At half a season he has just as many top tier highlights as any Calder winner! The thing the NHL needs to consider is this -"If Elias does win the Hart this year who really has a shot when he is leading the league by a land slide in years to come?" In my mind this is the last year for a while where the Hart will be up for grabs!

I found the NJ game very depressing. Super early start, team looked dazed, no goals from the Canucks, specifically no points for Pettersson. Am I getting spoiled? I've been very aware of Pettersson's points production and I sometimes shake my head in disbelief at his shot. I don't even see it once it leaves his stick,. He shoots a laser, the top corner of the net twinges, and then the goalie reacts to make a save, if he reacts at all - in that order lol I was also unsure how positive I would be this year or if I would be dreaming of drafting in the Top 3 again. Pettersson has made the Canucks an exciting team again. It feels like they could beat any team on any given night if he's playing. The media during the OTT game went on and on about how the Sens just don't give up. Well, the same could be said of the Canucks too. Just something about this year, Pettersson won't be denied. I believe the Canucks are going to make the playoffs. :)

If the Canucks somehow make the playoffs on Pettersson's back, he has to get at least a little bit of Hart consideration, even if he isn't in the top ten in scoring. 

"Played judged most valuable to his team"

We're much worse off without Pettersson than most other teams are without their superstar player, with the possible exception of Edmonton.

I think I am starting to understand how Pittsburgh felt through all of Crosby's early years...

God damn that looked bad.  Luckily he's built like a wet noodle so let's just hope he stretched it out for just a bit of a light strain

Seems as though the outrage over the lack of response to the takedown of Pettersson in October was justified, as people continue to take liberties. And, surprise surprise, no response yet again.

Disgusted. Absolutely disgusted.

• Upvote 1

Honestly this one is ridiculous, those of you calling for retribution just give your head a shake. It was a dirty play but what are you gonna send in guddy to drop a skinny 18 year old kid? 

All he deserved was a 2 minute penalty.

2 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Honestly this one is ridiculous, those of you calling for retribution just give your head a shake. It was a dirty play but what are you gonna send in guddy to drop a skinny 18 year old kid? 

All he deserved was a 2 minute penalty.

People were saying the same thing in October.