The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

18 hours ago, nzan said:

I remember Wellwood once scoring on a between-the-legs dangle and Quinn lit him up.

Maybe things have changed in those years, but I don't see an NHL coach being very happy with a move like that.

I think in OT with that move, most NHL coaches would only be "not happy" with it only from standpoint of they would think back to their own careers and think "I sure as sugar could not have thought of doing that!".     It was not a hot dog attempt so not sure he would get anything on the bench other than a pat on shoulder and a "bury that chance next time EP" sort of thing.    HOWEVER, he would get razzed in the room from other guys for almost certain.

14 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

All he has to do is get away from hockey for about a month and join me and my buds at the cabin - no problem putting on 20 even 30 pounds as I watched two guys who were pros do it with ease.   Damn, it was easy but will say it took some dedicated effort to not wavering from a strict regime of little movement and lots of caloric intake (apparently in liquid form).   Distribution of the mass is a bit of an issue potentially.  

He doesn't want to add beer weight lol

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think in OT with that move, most NHL coaches would only be "not happy" with it only from standpoint of they would think back to their own careers and think "I sure as sugar could not have thought of doing that!".     It was not a hot dog attempt so not sure he would get anything on the bench other than a pat on shoulder and a "bury that chance next time EP" sort of thing.    HOWEVER, he would get razzed in the room from other guys for almost certain.

Yeah, I figured that the years may have changed the way that was considered. Wellwood's was a little different too, he actually scored, but he didn't need to hot-dog it, he could have just buried it. This felt more like a good move, then a straight up hot-dog.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:22 PM, Alflives said:

True enough, but Pettersson shows Patrick Kane like hands on the goal.

Yes he does & that's why I'm not worried like a lot of people do about his size.

Would Kane be as good and fast if he was 20-25 lbs heavier? :sadno:

Would Gudreau be as fast if he was 20 lbs. heavier? :sadno:

Would Karlsson be the offensive force he is 20-25 lbs heavier? :sadno: 

When you have hands, speed, skill & hockey IQ that is elite, (alla Pettesson) size becomes irrelevant as the above and many more have proven this over many many years. (Marner, Pastranek, Fleury, Sheary, Ronning, Lafleur, Rafalski, Zuccarello, Quick, Dionne, St.louis, Gretzky, etc.)

Edited by CoolCanucklehead
  • Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

PPG player in the SHL.

Nylander who? Plan the parade :)

Edit: He's making se*ually tense eye contact with the goalie until the puck is in the net. Pretty unreal awareness.

Edited by Guile
want to add more