The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

16 hours ago, Borvat said:

I agree on JT spending time on EP's line. Especially when there is an offensive zone draw.  I also think you may see Horvat play in that same situation. 

TG can always role Ferland Miller Pearson on the next shift and adjust back from there.  With all the different quality variations available this could be interesting especially in game and on the fly. 

Having said that I am also hoping for some consistent line combinations that work.  Exciting times.

Thats going to be very fun to watch this year, I think we're going to see a lot of situational changes within games.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

I do see a drop, but maybe down 2% .

18% of his shots being goal is doable for someone of his stature. Now lets say 200 shots, that 36 goals. 

I agree, I think he will have some slippage in %, but not major.  He was incredibly efficient in his shots last year, with most of them being prime scoring chances.  I think the answer for him will be to shoot much more often.  Also, very few of his goals were due to miss plays or bad positioning by the goalie, most were just absolute snipes that they had no chance on.  

I'll bet he comes in at about 15%, but with 60-80 more shots and a similar goal total.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:34 AM, Odd. said:

The bottom are the same, just different angles.  

It seems he's gained weight around the mid-section as well as his lower-body, which is probably where he needed to add the most. 

Still gotta work on his arms though but he's definitely heavier now. He's about the same size as the Sedins.

They sure aren't. The first picture is from about a year ago, and the second picture is current Petey.

• Upvote 2

On 8/31/2019 at 7:48 AM, redhdlois said:

I saw this on Twitter.......what a difference!   

Top right v bottom left.  Not the same guy.  I really hope that top right is fresh from the gym and pumped up because if he puts on too much weight, it might be too much and affect his speed etc

• Wat 4
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

"The guy's 160 pounds soaking wet"

...He was 176 last year. I wish folks would get their facts right. If people are thinking he's 160 pounds, boy are they going to be surprised when he shows up at camp weighing 185-190 this year.

I know....I thought about adding a disclosure to my post warning about the buffoons.....

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

"The guy's 160 pounds soaking wet"

...He was 176 last year. I wish folks would get their facts right. If people are thinking he's 160 pounds, boy are they going to be surprised when he shows up at camp weighing 185-190 this year.

The only use I would have for these clueless talking heads is to shove one of them under the tire of my truck when I get stuck in mud....but I doubt they would get much traction!

::D

Elias Pettersson:

"I'm really motivated, I'm really happy to be back. I'm excited to see all the guys again and meet the new guys too."

“This summer I knew what I was preparing for. I worked a lot on conditioning, so I could play a full 82-game season and hopefully playoffs.”

On progressing next year: “I’m not expecting anything. I’ve been working out a lot. I want to get better every day”

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1