Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Pettersson would probably hover around the 80-90 pt mark
Boeser - 70

Ferland - 45 - 50

Miller - 45

Horvat - 65 with 53% Faceoff wins

Pearson - 40 points 20/20 guy

Hughes could be the main thing we needed on our blueline so I can see him putting up at least 30 points

Edler - 40 points 

Myers - 25 *Getting used to our system*

Tanev - 15

2 hours ago, Honeydew said:

Pettersson would probably hover around the 80-90 pt mark
Boeser - 70

Ferland - 45 - 50

Miller - 45

Horvat - 65 with 53% Faceoff wins

Pearson - 40 points 20/20 guy

Hughes could be the main thing we needed on our blueline so I can see him putting up at least 30 points

Edler - 40 points 

Myers - 25 *Getting used to our system*

Tanev - 15

Miller should end up with more points than Ferland.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Miller's getting 60+ pts playing with EP40 and BB6 ...and on PP1.

The guy is only getting better.....good thing he has the preseason to gel with his mates.

He's on the same development curve as BH53....Horvat 2.0

Edited by Pete M

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Elias Pettersson on Sportsnet 650:

On working on his shot this summer: "I think it's a little harder, of course it can always get better. I really enjoy scoring goals and I want to score more goals than last season."

On getting better in all aspects of the game: "My defensive game is as important as my offensive. I worked on my defensive game and want to be a lockdown two-way forward."

On getting more focus from opposing teams: "I felt like in the second half of the season teams locked down on me, so hopefully this season I can prepare more and not have any of those hard times this year."

On Boeser: "I've talked to him throughout the summer. He'll sort it out, otherwise I'll drive to Minnesota to pick him up myself."

Haha, came in here to post this.

Also:  NOT his dog (brother's)

Adding:  He lost his edge a few times on tight turns last year so tried a bunch of skate profiles before settling on Quad Zero (he thinks). 

Discussed practicing with Quinn and how it challenges both of them in a good way.  "Would rather play with him than against him".

Loves watching the NFL but no Fantasy team.

• Upvote 1

How nice to be able to play a round of golf with Hadwin. Lucky Pete!

The young Canucks seem to be a real tight-knit group. I love that Pettersson has a sense of humour about it (Boeser not signed yet), but seeing him joke about it makes me think it will happen soon. Really like that Benning added Ferland and Miller to the mix. I think opoponents will be all over Pettersson this year, so it's great that Benning added some toughness to the roster, and Pettersson will have some extra eyes looking out for him.

The unknown is exciting too. What the heck will Hughes and Pettersson do over 82 games?

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2019 at 12:22 PM, redhdlois said:

I am going to Vegas soon........$100 to win the Cup? 

I'd look at what our odds are for making the playoffs.

There was one year a long time ago where anyone who was a Canuck fan knew we were trending in the right direction but the rest of the league thought we sucked (much like right now).

Vegas had us, if memory serves correctly, at 1000 to 1 to make the playoffs (in actuality it must have been 100 to 1). I was pretty sure we'd make playoffs (we did), but didn't make the bet...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DS4quality said:

The odds when I was there in las vegas last week were 75/1 for the cup and 64 or 69/1 for playoff odds

1 hour ago, DS4quality said:

The odds when I was there in las vegas last week were 75/1 for the cup and 64 or 69/1 for playoff odds

Is no way that is true.  Maybe 64 or 69% chance of missing playoffs.  Might be 3/1 for playoff odds. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, nzan said:

I'd look at what our odds are for making the playoffs.

There was one year a long time ago where anyone who was a Canuck fan knew we were trending in the right direction but the rest of the league thought we sucked (much like right now).

Vegas had us, if memory serves correctly, at 1000 to 1 to make the playoffs (in actuality it must have been 100 to 1). I was pretty sure we'd make playoffs (we did), but didn't make the bet...

Vegas odds were no where near that in the last few years when we are crap so I think your memory is off a bit. But no biggy...

BCLC odds are off from what Vegas odds are but right now BCLC is only 40-1 for Canucks to win the Stanley cup lol.  Pretty bad.

hm...compared to last year petey actually seems a bit more confident in his interviews i must say. finally things are in motion and some actual news and answers to how preseason training has any impact on performance as well as what the new teammates brings to the table. Ferland definetly seems to be set on playing a simple physical game so i hope they find a gameplan for how to efficiently use that in the system. Fun stuff to follow.... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Vegas odds were no where near that in the last few years when we are crap so I think your memory is off a bit. But no biggy...

BCLC odds are off from what Vegas odds are but right now BCLC is only 40-1 for Canucks to win the Stanley cup lol.  Pretty bad.

This was before modern era...actually I think it was the year we had a good team but missed the playoffs when WCE was tailing off and Sedins hadn’t really hit - maybe around 2006

• Cheers 1