The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Something tells me Pete never stops thinking about how he can get better, I’m sure he making any adjustments he need to make himself better

Not a single doubt he has earn a 12 million a year contract, but the being said he seem like a guy who cares completely about winning and understands the salary cap restrictions.

I have a sneaky suspicion that he’ll come in around 10 million

i disagree

what ep40 and his agent will do

is have a very hard look at how the new television contract will impact the salary cap

and work his percentage of the cap ask based on that increase

you really want a player of his calibre

to be short changed financially?

if that value cannot properly be assessed when he is up for his re-sign

he'll likely do a bridge deal until these facts are clearer

don't get fixated on the dollar value or aav

it's all about percentage of the cap

its tricky with these kind of things. Right now we have an awesome team. Benn and myers are great new additions and Hughes is a star OD. Brock got adeal that most certainly was favourable for the teams caphit and Miller is the most awesome addition to the team we could have gotten to fit in with petey and brock. How many of these players can stay on the same team if petey brock and Hughes all need contracts on the 7-11 million mark? that doesnt leave room for depth players. ofc this is thinking ahead, but right now im just enjoying the moment and hope for the Playoffs. 

14 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Also worth noting that this is "an agent", not EP's actual agent, in case anyone was misreading that like I did the first time.

It might not even be a hockey agent but a real estate agent of whoever wrote that tweet. 

4 hours ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I have one word for anyone who thinks that hockey players don' think about their teams and team mates, "MacKinnon" 

so...first off.....who where when did anyone think that in a teamsport as hockey, a hockey player doesnt think about their team and teammates? and secondly....why is MacKinnon the word for that? and 3rd....WHY IS THIS POSTED IN ELIAS PETTERSSONS THREAD???????????? :blink::blink::blink:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

so...first off.....who where when did anyone think that in a teamsport as hockey, a hockey player doesnt think about their team and teammates? and secondly....why is MacKinnon the word for that? and 3rd....WHY IS THIS POSTED IN ELIAS PETTERSSONS THREAD???????????? :blink::blink::blink:

...not really sure why that poster typed anything  about another teams players in the Petey thread..pretty weird....

With the recent strong showings, it's more clear and clear that our window to win the cup will open up very soon, maybe it will start as soon as this year. If we can somehow lock up Petey at 9mil per year, that would leave enough cap room to keep the team competitive for many years to come (assuming Hughes comes in at a lower cap hit than Petey).

I think our window will be wide open when Eriksson + Luongo's 9M cap comes off the book, at which point we will be able to afford our version of Marian Hossa to complete the lineup... unfortunately, that will be in 3 seasons (including this one). It's hard to imagine winning the cup when 11% of the team's cap is basically dead (9mil of 81 mil = 11.11% of the cap for Eriksson and Luongo). We could even go after Taylor Hall if it weren't for Eriksson and Luongo's cap hit, and open the window to win the cup as soon as next season.