The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

A bit of a test starts this week for EP. Lets look at his stats through 43 games last season compared to this season for starters.

18-19--43gp 24g-22a 46pts

19-20--43gp 20g-25a 45pts

A few more goals last season and few more apples this season, nearly identical point totals.

It was after 43 games last year that EP hit a "wall". In his final 28 games last season he had 4g-16a 20pts

Pro-rated out to the 39 games left this season that would be 6g-22a 28pts if he hits a similar "wall".

He would still finish with a solid 70+pt season, but if he does slow down like last season and the same thing happens to QH then making the playoffs will be a tough task.

The test begins tomorrow night...

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Actually it's a hilarious blast from the past...even better in this thread, start here (although go back a few pages for the build up of anticipation).  Proud to say I liked this pick from the word go:

OMG Debs, I was reading from page 27 (the page that your link directed me to) and until page 33/34. The posts were all hilarious. I think only you and a couple of other posters had faith in the pick. I think 95% wanted Benning fired. Oh man..I didn't research much about this Petey when he was drafted but the videos and stats and scouting report had me excited. Also, Benning has a history of drafting good/great players so I was confident in his pick.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

OMG Debs, I was reading from page 27 (the page that your link directed me to) and until page 33/34. The posts were all hilarious. I think only you and a couple of other posters had faith in the pick. I think 95% wanted Benning fired. Oh man..I didn't research much about this Petey when he was drafted but the videos and stats and scouting report had me excited. Also, Benning has a history of drafting good/great players so I was confident in his pick.

And what makes it even better is that some went in AFTER EP showed his stuff and changed their responses.  :lol:   One initial reaction was "Oh God" then got changed to "Love it".    LOLOL.  It's like a time capsule...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Skip Spence said:

Credit to Deb and Alf for being early in the EP love! 

20 goals now in 42 games. 

Improvement! 

Alf has been the leader when it comes the Hughes too.  The only guy that dared go above a 40pt rookie season with vigour.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, debluvscanucks said:

Actually it's a hilarious blast from the past...even better in this thread, start here (although go back a few pages for the build up of anticipation).  Proud to say I liked this pick from the word go:

This was great.  Hahaha

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Honestly, it's not even about putting others down for me...I love the enthusiasm and investment.  We are all in around here and it's great!

Nope. No need to put anyone down!  
Personally I was thinking Valardi.   
I wasn’t upset at all because Benning is known to be a better scout than I am, and they all seemed pretty jazzed on the pick. 
Gotta trust your team.  

Just now, drummerboy said:

Nope. No need to put anyone down!  
Personally I was thinking Valardi.   
I wasn’t upset at all because Benning is known to be a better scout than I am, and they all seemed pretty jazzed on the pick. 
Gotta trust your team.  

I had never heard of Pettersson.  I was a Glass man.  (Glass of Scotch, of course.) 

• Cheers 3