The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Borvat said:

Kyle Clifford would be a useful teammate.  I fail to see why the Canucks won't get this type of player as the 13th forward for games like the Bruins etc.  They know this will happen yet fail to address it.  The playoffs will be worse.

I watch a few Bruins games here and there, I don't like them, but I watch. They seem to play playoff hockey year round. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to the SCF again. Hate that idea, but they play the way teams need to, to win. Fast and physical. The Canucks are sort of fast and skilled. Know who else is sort of fast and skilled? The Leafs. Look how they fared in the playoffs. Teams need to be physcal in the playoffs, or they won't survive. Damn I hope Ferland comes back healthy and ready to play soon. I look at a player like Schaller. He's big (6'2" 204), but he doesn't play a physical game. Reminds me of Gaunce. Did he play physical in BOS? Maybe it's time to get MacEwen and Bailey in some games.

1 minute ago, Mrwipeout said:

is there any point to ur posts or are u just rambling? 

1 minute ago, Mrwipeout said:

is there any point to ur posts or are u just rambling? 

I get the concept, but NO WAY should Petey be throwing fists.  He needs to use his stick, and carve.  

17 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Kyle Clifford would be a useful teammate.  I fail to see why the Canucks won't get this type of player as the 13th forward for games like the Bruins etc.  They know this will happen yet fail to address it.  The playoffs will be worse.

We can’t because we have Loui to dump first.  Loui Eriksson’s cap hit is a friggin’ anchor.  Just imagine the depth we could sign without that six mil in dead cap?  

Reading the paper this morning, an article on Pettersson and his frustration (with the late hit and no call, etc). In the article it says Pettersson never copmplained to the refs, that it's not his job. And then Petey says "We've got captains. We've got assistant captains. We've got coaches to do that."

To me, it sounds like Pettersson is unhappy with how the Canucks reacted after the hit. Not the physical stuff, but having the guys in authority stand up for him and try to make things right. Kind of concerns me that Pettersson doesn't feel anyone has his back out there. I might also be mistaken though, did Bo or one of the other captains, or the coaches complain to the refs and demand an explanation during the game? Or did Green just complain to the media afterwards?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Reading the paper this morning, an article on Pettersson and his frustration (with the late hit and no call, etc). In the article it says Pettersson never copmplained to the refs, that it's not his job. And then Petey says "We've got captains. We've got assistant captains. We've got coaches to do that."

To me, it sounds like Pettersson is unhappy with how the Canucks reacted after the hit. Not the physical stuff, but having the guys in authority stand up for him and try to make things right. Kind of concerns me that Pettersson doesn't feel anyone has his back out there. I might also be mistaken though, did Bo or one of the other captains, or the coaches complain to the refs and demand an explanation during the game? Or did Green just complain to the media afterwards?

European guys maybe grow up with different attitudes on how to take care of these things? 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

European guys maybe grow up with different attitudes on how to take care of these things? 

Yeah, maybe? Pettersson doesn't seem to complain too much, even after taking some dirty hits over the last couple of years. I guess Benuihjg tried to address this by signing Ferland, but he's had some bad injury luck. MacEwen abd Bailey are chomping at the bit to get in a game to prove themselves. Will Green do the right thing and get them in? Probably not if it means benching Loui. :picard:

23 minutes ago, Master 112 said:

you'll find out one day.

well i was actuallly talking about the 3 posts u just stated in this thread after mine and nucker67s posts. I dont understand its context clearly enough and just end up with various options on the meaning of it. So please explain the purpose and what the point of them are?

5 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

well i was actuallly talking about the 3 posts u just stated in this thread after mine and nucker67s posts. I dont understand its context clearly enough and just end up with various options on the meaning of it. So please explain the purpose and what the point of them are?

Life.

• Haha 1

Okay, so Pettersson was handed a dirty late hit. No penalty or pushback from ther Canucks. Green complained to the media about the late hit after the game. But does it end there? What is Green going to do about this problem? (Pettersson being targeted and abused)

Any lineup changes for tonight? (Bailey or MacEwen) 

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Okay, so Pettersson was handed a dirty late hit. No penalty or pushback from ther Canucks. Green complained to the media about the late hit after the game. But does it end there? What is Green going to do about this problem? (Pettersson being targeted and abused)

Any lineup changes for tonight? (Bailey or MacEwen) 

Make Petey suck it up.