The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, Rossland said:

Elias gets slashed. Elias slashes back harder. Elias gets roughed up for slashing back harder. Next time Elias thinks twice about slashing back at all. Open season on Elias.

Nobody will escalate with Lucic on the ice so Elias can slash back as hard as he wants because someone has his back. Tada....it's no fun slashing Elias anymore, so it stops happening.

McDavid has been targeted for years and having Lucic made no difference.  That's why they traded Looch to the Flames, where he continues to make no difference.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

McDavid has been targeted for years and having Lucic made no difference.  That's why they traded Looch to the Flames, where he continues to make no difference.

Every time Mcdavid is touched it's national news. EP gets way more beatings. Calgary is running around fearlessly. Even Backlund isn't afraid to goon us up. How can anyone deny that.

3 minutes ago, Rossland said:

Every time Mcdavid is touched it's national news. EP gets way more beatings. Calgary is running around fearlessly. Even Backlund isn't afraid to goon us up. How can anyone deny that.

That's team grit. Not Lucics  13min toi average lol

I feel better knowing Bailey and MacEwen are in the lineup. They're both big, fast, hungry and wanting to make an impression. They're going to do what it takes, as opposed to how Schaller has been playing. Great to see Big Mac score last game too. Bailey could've also had one.Even just having them in the lineup, I think it give guys like Gaudette and Virtanen a bit more confidence to play physical, knowing they aren't the only guys willing to mix it up. I really would like to see Horvat, Myers and Benn play with a bit more bite. 

56 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I feel better knowing Bailey and MacEwen are in the lineup. They're both big, fast, hungry and wanting to make an impression. They're going to do what it takes, as opposed to how Schaller has been playing. Great to see Big Mac score last game too. Bailey could've also had one.Even just having them in the lineup, I think it give guys like Gaudette and Virtanen a bit more confidence to play physical, knowing they aren't the only guys willing to mix it up. I really would like to see Horvat, Myers and Benn play with a bit more bite. 

Does Bailey have enough Talent to play alongside Miller and EP40? I know he is fast and can score in the AHL but other than that i haven't seen much of him.

12 minutes ago, surtur said:

Does Bailey have enough Talent to play alongside Miller and EP40? I know he is fast and can score in the AHL but other than that i haven't seen much of him.

Played on the 4th line, only 7 minutes of icetime. For a guy that played under 10 minutes, he was noticeable throughout the game.

Maybe not a top 6 guy, but I would like to see him with Gauds or Virtanen at some point.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

Played on the 4th line, only 7 minutes of icetime. For a guy that played under 10 minutes, he was noticeable throughout the game.

Maybe not a top 6 guy, but I would like to see him with Gauds or Virtanen at some point.

JB has built some great depth for the final stretch of the regular season!!

SOME POSTERS:  TRADE TANEV, TRADE BOESER, TRADE SUTTER, TRADE BEAGLE.....:frantic:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

JB has built some great depth for the final stretch of the regular season!!

SOME POSTERS:  TRADE TANEV, TRADE BOESER, TRADE SUTTER, TRADE BEAGLE.....:frantic:

Id6be lying if I didnt want to see one of these guys traded after the season.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

He seems off lately, don't know if it's the flu or he's banged up or perhaps there's nothing left in the tank but he hasn't been his dynamic self lately.  

same thing as last year. He is struggling with the 82 game season. I think his lack of muscle mass is putting a huge strain on his body from all the hits and whatnot that occur over an 82 game season. 

I feel like Petey's a bit frustrated, but still is so effective despite not scoring.

I hate that he looked for a call last night...it's Sutherland and hell hasn't frozen over.  We just don't get them, Petey.  Just wait until playoffs, that increases tenfold.  Have to just keep battling and don't let the play move on without you.  Refs are inefficient and inept in this league.  All about game management and biases.

I like that he gives some back...have to do it.  A nice little slash on the back of the legs as you skate away is sometimes a reminder that even when the refs are napping, it didn't go unnoticed.  I don't like dirty play but it becomes survival of the fittest.  Refs are glorified stars on ice...they love to be seen out there but really don't give a rat's ass about doing their jobs consistently or fairly.  They pick and choose to make a statement.  They're pitiful, but we have to accept it and learn to work around it.

Petey came close a few times...I think him being a bit "off" is the focus that's taken away when he's constantly at the receiving end of dirty plays and gets caught up in that.  I feel it keeps him there, in that moment, and a huge part of his success is based on being ahead of the play, not stuck behind it.  They targeted Quinn last night too....I only wish we had a REAL response that immediately sets a "NO" tone with our stars.  

He'll be fine.  He is fine....he does so many things that he's still an asset even if he's not hitting the net.  He still gets that kind of attention that allows others some room out there as a result and is so important to this team.

I disagree, Peaches.  100% - I don't feel it's anything to do with strain on his body...I feel it's more a mental thing right now as he adjusts to the Mickey Mouse school of officiating.  I see it when he's on the ice, looking for a call....that takes him out of things where he used to be right in the thick of them.  Playing catch up versus leading the charge.  He used to still make plays/passes from the ice after being knocked down but now the focus is more on "wth"?

3 hours ago, peaches5 said:

same thing as last year. He is struggling with the 82 game season. I think his lack of muscle mass is putting a huge strain on his body from all the hits and whatnot that occur over an 82 game season. 

Very odd statement, the more muscle mass you have to quicker you tire. It take a lot more oxygen and cardio to deal with being bigger.

there is a reason everytime a fighter goes up in weight class there is always a concern with there cardio

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Ever since the Calgary game where they were on him all the time, Petey has been far less noticeable. It’s beginning to be crunch time and a much more of a playoff like atmosphere, the game is getting tighter and teams are focusing in on our top guys.

If we want to have playoff success petey needs to figure out a way to elevate his game during these meaningful games like the true superstars are able to do. 

The good news is our captain Bo has shown true leadership and is going to do what ever it takes to drag us into the post season.