The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

10 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Petey at 21 - mature beyond his years

Jake at 24 (in 2 wks) - party on dude

People mature differently because of many reasons. Patrick Kane was still beating up cabbies until last year and Marchand still licks people.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, TNucks1 said:

anyways, petey looked good last night but that entire line better pick it up on sunday, wasnt the best performance from them.

In my mind, that line was pretty good, especially Petey. Miller was alright, but not as good as usual and Toffoli was pretty soild. I thought it was our bottom six that failed us in that game more than our top six forwards.

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

In my mind, that line was pretty good, especially Petey. Miller was alright, but not as good as usual and Toffoli was pretty soild. I thought it was our bottom six that failed us in that game more than our top six forwards.

im wishing they do, im hoping they light it em ujp but probably not, its always boring when we play Minny.

9 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

So 23? Hes 23 right?

Do you even remember how young 23 is boomer?

Let's do a little comparison shall we?

Virtanen 23

On pace for 40 pts this season. 20g 20a.

The devil

Ollie Juolevi 22

0 nhl games 

Second coming of orr. Heard hes being groomed to replace edler as per CDC.

i never quite understand fans that never quite understand that each player is unique and different. They will develop at their own pace. Some players just get it right off the bat, you know, like Hughes, or Pettersson, even Horvat, and other players take a few years to mature and get it. Should be okay that each player isn't the same, right? 

Jake at 23/24 and Pettersson at 21, and Juolevi at 22. 

I'm just thankful that we have young, up and coming players to be talking about. I remember the days when we talked about Schroeder and Jensen. Jeeez. 

4 hours ago, playboi19 said:

People mature differently because of many reasons. Patrick Kane was still beating up cabbies until last year and Marchand still licks people.

Good examples, man. Kane and Marchand, and who wouldn't want those two guys on their team, even with some maturity issues. I'd take Kane on my team any day. 

&^@# that Marchand guy, though. 

On 7/30/2020 at 9:50 PM, playboi19 said:

Kane and Marchand are cornerstone players for their franchises, big difference compared to a guy thats been here 6 seasons, shows up almost every camp out of shape.

Pettersson is sensational. A real pro. Never stops trying to get better. Eye on the prize, sets such a great example. He'll do great things, like bring VAN a Cup one day.

I wonder what he thinks when he sees certain team mate(s), years older than him, mailing it in, being lazy, getting yelled at by the captain, benched by the coach, getting in the news for the wrong reasons.   

Never have to worry about Petey. His heart is in the right place.    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/31/2020 at 1:52 AM, N4ZZY said:

Good examples, man. Kane and Marchand, and who wouldn't want those two guys on their team, even with some maturity issues. I'd take Kane on my team any day. 

&^@# that Marchand guy, though. 

I don't want either of those two guys on my team.  I'd rather have Petey than either one of those guys.  In fact, I'd rather have Petey than both those guys.  Elite skill doesn't have to come packaged with a bad attitude.  Petey proves that over and over.  Go Canucks Go!

Edited by nux_win
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I don't want either of those two guys on my team.  I'd rather have Petey than either one of those guys.  In fact, I'd rather have Petey than both those guys.  Elite skill doesn't have to come packaged with a bad attitude.  Petey proves that over and over.  Go Canucks Go!

Oh come now, Its noce to support your own guys and all but try to stay in reality.

Kane is almost exactly 10 years older than Petey

10 years ago he had 230 points and 76 goals and a Stanley cup

Pete is about 100 point, 21 goals and a Cup shy

Next year Marchand will have had a Cup for 10 years ( he is 6 mo older than Kane

If Petey is to "prove" he belongs in the conversation with those two, he might want to WIN that cup this season

I'm not saying he won't get there, but Petey still has some "proving" to do

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nux_win said:

In fairness to Kane, he was a total POS early in his career, but has developed into a heck of a player and a very good leader.  He did really grow up.  Marchand is a far better player than I thought he would be, but is still a POS.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, lmm said:

Oh come now, Its noce to support your own guys and all but try to stay in reality.

Staying in reality (each player's first two years...Kane didn't have a cup yet either at this point)

image.png

image.png

Another part of staying in reality is that Kane didn't win cups all by himself....this guy named Toews mattered, as did everything just lining up at the right time.  Goaltending, health, officiating, coaching (huge), who the opponents were and their status in relation to all those things, etc. all come into play.  He was a huge factor for sure...as Petey will be for us.  I take nothing away from Kane (or Marchand) ... both superstars in this league.  But don't take anything away from Petey, either, as he's going to slide right into that class.  Already is/has ... minus the cup part.  His team'll have to help him out with that part...it's not solely his doing (or those other guys who have cups).  No I in team.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, lmm said:

Kane is almost exactly 10 years older than Petey

10 years ago he had 230 points and 76 goals and a Stanley cup

Pete is about 100 point, 21 goals and a Cup shy

Next year Marchand will have had a Cup for 10 years ( he is 6 mo older than Kane

If Petey is to "prove" he belongs in the conversation with those two, he might want to WIN that cup this season

I'm not saying he won't get there, but Petey still has some "proving" to do

That's the thing about the rat race, even if you win, you're still a rat.  I've been following the Canucks since the first season and I want a cup as much as anyone.  But, if possible, and it is possible in my opinion, I'd like to do it with a bit of class.  Petey is the guy for me.  Go Canucks Go!

P.S. - My opinions are my real opinions.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, BCNate said:

In fairness to Kane, he was a total POS early in his career, but has developed into a heck of a player and a very good leader.  

Kane was a total douche when he was in his teens but has turned into one of the best leaders in the game.  If you watch a hawks game and forget he's a hawk for a moment and just watch him, he is magic out there.  

Edited by Bell
  • Cheers 3

15 hours ago, Bell said:

Kane was a total douche when he was in his teens but has turned into one of the best leaders in the game.  If you watch a hawks game and forget he's a hawk for a moment and just watch him, he is magic out there.  

I agree. Ive watched the Hawks play live many times, and if you took even just half a period just to watch Patrick Kane, he's a wizard with the puck. Him and Panerin were almost like Daniel and Henrik

On 8/1/2020 at 8:49 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Staying in reality (each player's first two years...Kane didn't have a cup yet either at this point)

image.png

image.png

Another part of staying in reality is that Kane didn't win cups all by himself....this guy named Toews mattered, as did everything just lining up at the right time.  Goaltending, health, officiating, coaching (huge), who the opponents were and their status in relation to all those things, etc. all come into play.  He was a huge factor for sure...as Petey will be for us.  I take nothing away from Kane (or Marchand) ... both superstars in this league.  But don't take anything away from Petey, either, as he's going to slide right into that class.  Already is/has ... minus the cup part.  His team'll have to help him out with that part...it's not solely his doing (or those other guys who have cups).  No I in team.

well you knowDeb we booth just said the same thing, except I don't give accolades for promise.

I did not take anything away from Petey, even though you read it that waY.

For my money he was the best Canuck forward last night, which proves your point, Captain Serious 2.0 JT Hossa, Tyler Sharp and Tyler Byfugien all took the night off.

but until he HAs done it, lets just keep Petey in the "potential" catagory 

and fwiw by this date in Kane's lifespan ( not NHL seasons played, years of life) he had just lifted the cup