Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

4 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I have heard that some feel that Pete didn't have the flashy season this year.  If this is a "Sophomore Slump" Pete style next year should be awesome.  B)

Just more steady and more consistent. Didn't have 10 goals in 10 games, but also didn't have any really slow periods either.

• Hydration 1

yep he was more steady, however a bit of a drop at the end IMO. A bit the same as last year at the end of the season, so still need to improve his physique and a mental state of mind to be able to maintain a stability throughout the season. Still, a slight improvement overall in stability and some lessons learned to always keep on ur toes to avoid getting injured due to foul play. id say that sums it up. 

The key player this year has been Miller who has thrived by playing with Petey. Im hoping that Brock gets back into his groove so that Toffoli can get a match on who plays alongside Petey for next season. Im saying next season because there is no way what so ever there will be an end or continuation of this season due to the Corona. 

Really appreciated the overall consistency in Petey's game and really thought he started to engage more physically as the season went on.  Noticed more and more in the 2nd half of the season, his details in the game away from the puck impressed me, more so then when he did have the puck.  His positional play and reads in the defensive zone started to really exemplify how smart of a player he is. 

Still would like him to fill out his body more and develop a stronger set of muscles in his legs to stay on his feet.  He does go down way too easily and which likely earned him less calls in the 2nd half of the season.  

Also shoot the damn puck, be more selfish, dont be like Henrik and pass every single opportunity away.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

Petey is wise beyond his years. What great guy. Damn we are so lucky to have him. Thank you Benning!

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 4/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, debluvscanucks said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/elias-pettersson-gives-us-tour-home-home/

Skate jersey's his favourite

Quinn's messy

Doesn't care for silver medals

If the Season and playoffs do continue, Canucks need to rock those skate jerseys. They look so amazing, and if they get Petey pumped, why deny him that??

• Hydration 1

I'm making an EP video! 

If you have a favourite EP goal or dangle please share it in the thread :) 

36 minutes ago, Zoolander said:

I'm making an EP video! 

If you have a favourite EP goal or dangle please share it in the thread :) 

His pre-season moves against Edmonton (I forget if it was 2018 or 2019) was really nice.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

His pre-season moves against Edmonton (I forget if it was 2018 or 2019) was really nice.

RIP Strome’s ankles.

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Man - what a player, really does it all.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 9:12 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Makes me miss the Canucks even more....

With that being said. We are witnessing greatness unfold. His jersey will be up there one day with the likes of 16, 10, 19, 22 and 33, 12, etc. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 12:48 PM, Zoolander said:

Hey everyone,

I've taken up the hobby of video editing during this strange time we're all living in.

Please support and add a comment if you enjoy the video! It would mean a lot :) 

Go Canucks!!  :towel:

lol dahlins face at the end always cracks me up

Edited by TNucks1