The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Fair enough.

It just annoys the crap out of me when people don't bother to consider the difficulty curve between leagues. 

True. I personally appreciate the posters on here that can back up their claims with factual information. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kungfudru said:

I'm so happy we drafted this guy. I wanted us to pick him in the 5th spot. He has the potential to be a superstar. Im wishing for a Zetterberg/Backstrom hybrid as our future first line centerman. Here's to dreaming. 

I think he’s more offensively gifted than both those guys.  

5 minutes ago, Kungfudru said:

True. I personally appreciate the posters on here that can back up their claims with factual information. 

Indeed. Just comparing point totals and not taking into account the fact that the two players are playing in two entirely different leagues, one of which is filled with mostly teenagers and one filled with men playing at a much higher level, is absolutely baffling to me.

It would be nice to see a goal or two, but I'm not going to complain when one of our prospects is putting up numbers in his draft +1 year that are comparable to some of the greatest Swedish players to ever play the game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Based on what? The fact that Glass has more points than Pettersson while playing in a FAR inferior league with a bunch of kids?

smh

By that logic Dane Fox should have been a superstar.

No love for Dane Fox?

He's currently second in team scoring with my local team, the league leading Nürnberg IceTigers in the German top league DEL, just one point behind Steven Reinprecht and tied with Philippe Dupuis (do these names still ring a bell?). People around here love him.

http://www.icetigers.de/spielergebnisse/spieler

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

Canuck kool-aid drinkers. That's why the team sucks with no hope for the near future. 

derp

Fact is that you have no way to dispute anything that anybody has said since your asinine comparison, so you're resorting to trolling. Classy move.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

Canuck kool-aid drinkers. That's why the team sucks with no hope for the near future. 

Just curious as to how big your nose is

Because I know it shouldn't have to be large to smell the BS you keep shoving around here.

You want instant results?  You came to the wrong place.  No stomach for a rebuild that is in reality barely in it's 3rd season.  Go cheer for another team

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just curious as to how big your nose is

Because I know it shouldn't have to be large to smell the BS you keep shoving around here.

You want instant results?  You came to the wrong place.  No stomach for a rebuild that is in reality barely in it's 3rd season.  Go cheer for another team

Go cheer for another team wah wah wah.....kool-aider.

18 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

Go cheer for another team wah wah wah.....kool-aider.

Benning sucks everyone sucks my team is bad wah wah wah dorsett sutter and a 3rd wah wah wah shoulda had ehlers and nylander and tkachuk and wah wah wah Benning sucks and and and we're gonna be so bad for so long and and and and.

Did I miss anything from your profoundly intelligent argument?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Benning sucks everyone sucks my team is bad wah wah wah dorsett sutter and a 3rd wah wah wah shoulda had ehlers and blander and tkachuk and wah wah wah Benning sucks and and and we're gonna be so bad for so long and and and and.

Did I miss anything from your profoundly intelligent argument?

That's creepy.

27 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

Ok. I changed my mind. I want to be part of the "stars. Canucks are doing great! Great future! Awesome rebuild and going for the cup at the same time. So excited! JB you're the best, anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

People who disagree with management aren't necessarily fools.

People who can't differentiate between leagues are.

By your logic, a player that nets 100 points in a CHL season is superior to a player that nets 70 points in an AHL season.

• Upvote 1