The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

My post on the first page in reaction to people wanting to fire benning for passing on glass and vilardi.

Sometimes...just sometimes its great to look back. 100% Bang on....not just 73% :)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

Yes it is haha.  I was literally one of VERRRRY few who were team Pettersson from the start.  Everyone wanted Cody Glass.

Yup, I was a Cody Glass guy.   Wanted him a lot.   EP was on my radar but I didn't think he was worth the pick if Glass was available.     Thank your stars I am not your team's GM.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I went back to the 2017 NHL Entry Draft GDT and looking back at the reactions when Pettersson was selected is quite amusing, to say the least.

No different than the reactions to Virtanen and OJ.   While some people whine and try to paint a bleak picture, the Vancouver franchise is assembling a set of prospects that look as exciting as any in their history and as formidable as any other NHL team's current stable.   One more solid draft and a few more deft moves for depth (Leipsic, Baer etc. type moves), some development on the back end and Demko coming into the league and, voila, a team that looks like a lock to be a blast to watch and a handful to play against. 

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yup, I was a Cody Glass guy.   Wanted him a lot.   EP was on my radar but I didn't think he was worth the pick if Glass was available.     Thank your stars I am not your team's GM.

I was hoping for Heiskanen or Makar, had never heard of EP :lol::lol: 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Let us all pray to the hockey gods for Dahlin.

Pettersson

Dahlen

Boeser

Juolevi

Lind

Virtanen

Demko

Gaudette

Horvat

Tryamkin (pls come back)

Rasmus Dahlin ?!?!?!?!?!

The future is bright in Vancouver.

17 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I went back to the 2017 NHL Entry Draft GDT and looking back at the reactions when Pettersson was selected is quite amusing, to say the least.

its always great go go back and laugh 1 year later. I hope EP proves himself in the NHL and can dominate, but still too early to judge any of the top drafted players.

I would say most here are expecting a 50pt or higher rookie season in the NHL for this kid next year though, less than that would be a bit of a disappointment after his season in the SHL

27 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Pfft, Elias don't need 2 more periods.

No, he needs to go to Utica to develop so we can sign the Sedins for another year.

:unsure:

actually if he played his first year with the Sedins (probably their last) that could be pretty special.... 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

actually if he played his first year with the Sedins (probably their last) that could be pretty special.... 

I could see that happening.  But, I could also see Pettersson with a guy like Gaudette too, or even Bo.  It will be fun to watch for sure!!!!

Could you imagine if TOR selected Pettersson? That's all we would be hearing about on TSN, etc. So glad he's ours.

Next, we need to draft Dahlin, and I would like to see this as our 1st OT unit:

Pettersson - Boeser

Dahlin

Game Over

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

It's called giving credit where credit is due. He just accomplished a massive feat, it's more than okay to excited for the kid. Based on who he's been able to pass in the junior scoring records we have good reason to be pumped about his NHL career. My 10 cents. 

That’s fine to give credit. As I said, he’s having a great season, but 2 posts up from yours someone said he was a shoe in for the NHL next year and would be a massive disappointment if he didn’t make it.  That’s what I am referring to.  

• Upvote 1