who did not want jb extended ??

i was in the camp that believed jb is a good gm

You forgot about Jasek lighting it up in Utica :o

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Is he old enough to drink in Sweden?

36 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

The best team in the SHL has to worry about legal drinking age for their leading scorer and best player...

It was checked at the gate. Its just sprite. 

I don't mind if it takes a little time to get back to the top. Its going to be fun watching or being on this ride.  We have a lot of players coming down the pipe and  a top 10 pick. We have a really good defenseman in Oli also. (who is only 19) He started finding his game against men later in the year. We could climb out of the bottom 10 next year and get closer to a play-off spot.  I have to thank Elias P for cheering up a really gloomy April.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

so let's see

brock

elias

dahlen

gaudette

i'm sure i overlooked some completely overachieving draft pick

so fess up

Join the club Coastal... We were many :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Congrats to EP for a dominant season in the SHL on the big ice surface. Sounds like he is going to Denmark next month, which will have some good competition. 

As a personal wish though I would have preferred him come to NA to get in some Utica Playoff games, even if they get bounced in the 1st round. It re unites him with Dahlen, gives our AHL fans something awesome to see and gives EP a taste of pro level hockey on the smaller NA ice surface. To add to that it would give him a longer off season to rest/train and hopefully add in theory 10lbs of muscle, but because of his build I think 5lbs of muscle by training camp would be as much as we could expect. EP wont fill out a lot but here is hoping he can with good nutrition/workout program going forward.

The World's games will be televised though will they not? So we should get to see him play against men next month, which would be nice!

Why you so concerned with his weight? I think he has proven to everyone how strong he is, and how he can not only handle but excels in physical games. He m,ay not be big. But he is very strong on his skates.

I think getting the chance to play against a bunch of NHL talent will be a good thing for him,. The AHL  playoffs could last just as long, especially if he plays.

35 minutes ago, cory40 said:

I don't mind if it takes a little time to get back to the top. Its going to be fun watching or being on this ride.  We have a lot of players coming down the pipe and  a top 10 pick. We have a really good defenseman in Oli also. (who is only 19) He started finding his game against men later in the year. We could climb out of the bottom 10 next year and get closer to a play-off spot.  I have to thank Elias P for cheering up a really gloomy April.

Rebuilds ...and just overall team performance improvement...are not linear...ever...!

These days there are always 2 or 3 teams ...at least...who make HUGE jumps in the standings...I don't need to list them, they are everywhere this year.

We will be one of those teams next year....we were a playoff team in Dec.,....we played great the last 8-9 games of the season...we have MANY good players coming in or coming into there own (JV and Goldy, etc.)

This talk of "it will be 5-7 years before we are relevant "....or even "it will be 3 years for sure"...is just plain laughable....open your eyes and watch these guys terrorize...

Like taking candy from a baby...like EP's last goal of the playoffs...!

Just Watch...!

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

so let's see

brock

elias

dahlen

gaudette

i'm sure i overlooked some completely overachieving draft pick

so fess up

JB should be moved to head scout. He has very good scouting ability as you have shown.

21 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

JB should be moved to head scout. He has very good scouting ability as you have shown.

As a GM, Benning has more power in letting the scouting team what direction he would like for them to go in. Also allows him to have the final say on who to pick. As the head scout/director of the scouting department, the next GM could tell JB to focus only on the top Canadian kids for example limiting his options or maybe JB has a top choice, but the GM can decide to go in a different direction.

JB has shown that he can make some decent trades and until he has more assets to work with, he won't be able to make many bigger deals. He is able to attract free agents to sign on a bottom feeding team and even though those players may not have worked out as hoped, it shows future UFAs that this team isn't afraid to spend when they are ready to compete again and is at least providing veterans to create competition for the young players' development. JB is doing just fine as a GM and there is no need for a demotion.

• Upvote 3

Boeser is getting the respect he deserves from the NHL...named a finalist for the Calder trophy even though he missed a quarter of the season....and the guy said he thought he would be in a virtual tie with Barzal if he had not been injured.

With EP coming in next year and challenging for the Calder...

That is the start of something this town has never seen before....it is going to be something to behold indeed....!

• Cheers 3