The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 250Integra said:

And his Art Ross, Ted Lindsay, Hart, Lady Byng, Rocket...

Ah, better add in the Conn Smythe as well.

EP will best Gretzky’s 47 points in a single playoffs, but Canucks will lose in game 7 (because it’s the Canucks and a game 7). His record setting performance will earn Elias the rare MVP on the losing side. And he’ll take the trophy and heave it over the glass as the winning team raises the Cup.

Kind of a baller move actually. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Ah, better add in the Conn Smythe as well.

EP will best Gretzky’s 47 points in a single playoffs, but Canucks will lose in game 7 (because it’s the Canucks and a game 7). His record setting performance will earn Elias the rare MVP on the losing side. And he’ll take the trophy and heave it over the glass as the winning team raises the Cup.

Kind of a baller move actually. :lol:

because it will be like the 1994 scf game 7 when the refs decided to call everything and give the old boys club in New York another shot at Stanley. 3 straight power plays. And our boys still almost came back and beat corruption at its best.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎01 at 11:03 AM, The_Aviator said:

One year later, how do you feel about the above post.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 4:43 PM, messier's_elbow said:

I'm serious Vilardi will be the best player from the draft. Glass would have been better as well. Benning sucks. 

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open up and remove all doubt.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, cory40 said:

I'm serious Vilardi will be the best player from the draft. Glass would have been better as well. Benning sucks. 

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open up and remove all doubt.

lol, it is indeed funny when you look back at some of the older posts.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Does Sweden play tomorrow? Tourney starts on the third right? Is Sweden in play?

I think they play friday.. check TSN listings ., t11am vs Belarus.. tsn1,3 4.. I don’t think it’s a recording...

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2018 at 1:31 PM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Training camp should be just about enough time to get used to that...considering most of his playing time is spent in front of the other teams net...well away from the boards...

If not, 8 points in 6 preseason games will remove any lingering doubt.

• Cheers 1

For those who are worried about Pettersson's weight, Nickolas Backstrom was only 6 feet and 183 lbs in his draft year. 

He is now  6'1" and 210 lbs   Pettersson is the next Backstrom. 

The Washington Capitals today selected center Nicklas Backstrom with the fourth overall pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. The selection is the club’s 10th first-round selection in the last five years (2002-06).

A 6-foot, 183-pound Gavle, Sweden native, Backstrom played both junior and senior hockey with Brynas in the Swedish league in 2004-05 and was named best forward on Bryans in 2005-06. He was also named best forward on Swedish Under-20 at the World Junior Championships and named rookie of the year in the Swedish league in 2005-06.

Central Scouting reports that Backstrom is good offensive talent, an excellent playmaker and passer. He is a good offensive talent, an excellent playmaker and passer and has an incredible hockey sense and hands. Scouts have likened Backstrom’s style to fellow Swedish player Peter Forsberg. - WashingtonCaps.com

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

For those who are worried about Pettersson's weight, Nickolas Backstrom was only 6 feet and 183 lbs in his draft year. 

He is now  6'1" and 210 lbs   Pettersson is the next Backstrom. 

The Washington Capitals today selected center Nicklas Backstrom with the fourth overall pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. The selection is the club’s 10th first-round selection in the last five years (2002-06).

A 6-foot, 183-pound Gavle, Sweden native, Backstrom played both junior and senior hockey with Brynas in the Swedish league in 2004-05 and was named best forward on Bryans in 2005-06. He was also named best forward on Swedish Under-20 at the World Junior Championships and named rookie of the year in the Swedish league in 2005-06.

Central Scouting reports that Backstrom is good offensive talent, an excellent playmaker and passer. He is a good offensive talent, an excellent playmaker and passer and has an incredible hockey sense and hands. Scouts have likened Backstrom’s style to fellow Swedish player Peter Forsberg. - WashingtonCaps.com

Pettersson was drafted at 165 lbs. That's quite a bit different. 

I'd expect him to top out between 185 - 195 lbs way down the road. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Darius71 said:

I think they play friday.. check TSN listings ., t11am vs Belarus.. tsn1,3 4.. I don’t think it’s a recording...

Belarus the perfect team for Elias to start against LOL

10 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Pettersson was drafted at 165 lbs. That's quite a bit different. 

Forsberg was 167.    The fixation with this kid's weight will seemingly only go away for some after he doesn't break in the NHL after his first shift.