Then it'll be "let's see what happens when other players start keying on him."

Then "let's see what happens as the season gets further along."

Then "let's see what happens in the playoffs."

Then...

Stanley Cup x 5.

Then, Gretzky's records. 

Then, hall of fame.

League wide retirement of #40.

Comes out of the retirement, Mario Lemieux style.

Stanley Cup x 2.

Right?

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Ok since your such a genius who are you taking this years draft? 

Ah be a good sport.... 

I’ll own it.  I ABSOLUTELY wanted Glass at 5 last year and I was also ABSOLUTELY wrong In what I wanted :D

Benning definitely gets the benefit of the doubt this year lol. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Mika Zibanejad and Elias Pettersson had a Slapshot contest at World Champs practise. After a few tries these were the best shots for each.

Pettersson's @167lbs? slapper was 97.5 MPH
Zibanejad's @227lbs slapper was 98.8 MPH

Not bad at all for 167 lb Elias

51 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Yeah I was wrong. Vilardi will be a good player though... it’s still early. Should I start rubbing old posts where you guys were wrong in your faces? 

No one here (besides a VERY select few) has half the knowledge the professional scouts do. We don't go to the combines, interview the players or see every single top player live. Sure, we watch youtube and read what some analysts say. But at the end of the day we're scavenging twitter clips/youtube/scouting reports and trying to compare players from all different leagues against different level of competition. I've been vocal about the past few drafts. This year I'm just sitting back and letting the professionals do their job. It's fun to speculate but I'm not going to lose my $&!# when they draft the "wrong" player. I wanted Glass. :lol:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, messier's_elbow said:

Yeah I was wrong. Vilardi will be a good player though... it’s still early. Should I start rubbing old posts where you guys were wrong in your faces? 

It’s funny how some already are booking one prospect over another as being better already. As in Jake and OJ as well, it’s still early. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Derp... said:

Wow, good for Zibanejad.   One of the very few one-on-one battles of any type EP has lost in a few months.   I hope Mika didn't get cocky and ask for a best 2 of 3 juggling on unicyle......

Anyway, Mika can now go back to his NHL club and brag about that time he beat EP - something to tell his grandkids.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow, good for Zibanejad.   One of the very few one-on-one battles of any type EP has lost in a few months.  

EP let up on him.  Knew his next shots would be >160 so he stopped taking them and let his elder take three more until he beat him.

• Haha 2