The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

So I guess he’s winning rookie of the month again? 2/3 months not bad. Who is the last player to do that I’m wondering? 

Yeah I don't see him not winning this month.

• Upvote 1

Another award for EP

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/On5K5b/samma-pris-som-blagula-ikonerna

And on the morning of christmas eve, the local newspaper SMP said that the award will be awarded Elias PEttersson this year.

"Have we ever seen a teen dominating on such extreme emphasis as the quiet blonde from Ånge? Answer: No we have not. Therefore Elias Pettersson is awarded Smålandspostens Gold medal 2018" They write in their paper.

The award has earlier been awarded to swedish icons as

Mats Wilander (4-time Tennis Grand Slam winner)

Tomas Ravelli (Swedish soccer goalie and hero from the bronze medal game in the US World Cup 1994)

Carolina Klüft (heptathlon star with a total of 34 gold of which 1 is from the olympic games and 3 from the world championships)

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Cheers 1

I love going to the first ten pages or so and seeing people say Benning should be fired, or Vilardi/Glass is better. It just goes to show how we think we know more than GMs, especially Benning, off of scouting reports and watching 2-3 of their games. 

On 6/23/2017 at 5:32 PM, Trebreh said:

Dahlen - Petterson -

Goldobin - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Gaudette - Virtanen

Trebreh....good job at picking a pretty close line up 1.5 years prior to it happening!!

27 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

I love going to the first ten pages or so and seeing people say Benning should be fired, or Vilardi/Glass is better. It just goes to show how we think we know more than GMs, especially Benning, off of scouting reports and watching 2-3 of their games. 

I took your advice Stamkos and went and read those first 10 pages. I found it quite hilarious with all the negative hyperbole and over the top crap. A couple in particular were very upset lol and they could not have been more wrong....like ever!!!  Haha. That was awesome!!

3 hours ago, cory40 said:

How does Elias compare to McDavids rookie season so far? Hard to beat McDavids rookie season but man is Elias doing it!

McDavid's rookie season was strong, but it was his sophomore season that was far more impressive. We'll see how Elias can compare then.

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

McDavid's rookie season was strong, but it was his sophomore season that was far more impressive. We'll see how Elias can compare then.

The fact that EP is doing what he is doing and he will only get stronger abodes well for EP. McDavid won't have many more opportunities to win the Art Ross.