The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  Pettersson is a uniquely special player.  Calder this year.  Art Ross, Hart, and Lindsey next year.  

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Hutton Wink said:

On pace for 90 points, now tied for team lead with Stecher at +11.  Still shooting 28%.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:04 AM, spook007 said:

Bo has shown time and time again, that when the chips are down, he carries the team on his shoulders...

Just wanted to share my 2000 point with some friends. Just love your views even when I disagree …………………….

• Like 3

They replayed last year's gold medal game, watched a bit of it.  Explain to me again why EP was playing on the second line behind Lias Anderson? I know Lias's dad wasn't the coach because I literally googled that last year during he game.  EP really had nothing to work with.  Oh well water under the Öresund Bridge

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/25/2018 at 1:27 AM, -AJ- said:

Mc David's rookie season was strong, but it was his sophomore season that was far more impressive. We'll see how Elias can compare then.

And this season he well easily surpass the last one.  At 22yrs (in 3 weeks) he is nowhere near his peak yet.  Elias has a ways to go before he is in the McDavid discussion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

They replayed last year's gold medal game, watched a bit of it.  Explain to me again why EP was playing on the second line behind Lias Anderson? I know Lias's dad wasn't the coach because I literally googled that last year during he game.  EP really had nothing to work with.  Oh well water under the Öresund Bridge

Maybe we should be thankful for that. EP could have taken that as a slight which helped him on his tear in the SHL.

8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

What I want to know is why Lias was the captain?

20 hours ago, nzan said:

And in comparison McDavids sophomore season was his D+2, the same as Pettersson is playing right now.

Still, Pettersson is on pace for the highest rookie points since Crosby/Ovechkin - I’m cool with that 

EP has still only played 30 games ever on NA ice and has adopted to playing center while doing it. So I wouldn't see it as any less impressing, really. EP right now is not the kind of player that dominates like McD though.

And maybe we should lay off the generational comparisons anyhow...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, J-P said:

EP has still only played 30 games ever on NA ice and has adopted to playing center while doing it. So I wouldn't see it as any less impressing, really. EP right now is not the kind of player that dominates like McD though.

And maybe we should lay off the generational comparisons anyhow...

Right!

I’m happy to lay off generational comparisons, but EP keeps tee-ing them up and then crushing them!

• Like 1

The fact that a lot of people are comparing Pettersson to McDavid and Gretzky is kind of nice, and shows the level this kid is at. Canucks didn't have to tank to get him either (elite drafting).

It doesn't really matter who's better at this stage than whomever. Pettersson has a long, prosperous career ahead of him. Boxscores a couple of years from now will read a lot like "Pettersson from Hughes and Boeser" or "Boeser from Pettersson and Hughes". Those three (along with Horvat and Virtanen) are going to produce a lot.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

The fact that a lot of people are comparing Pettersson to McDavid and Gretzky is kind of nice, and shows the level this kid is at. Canucks didn't have to tank to get him either (elite drafting).

It doesn't really matter who's better at this stage than whomever. Pettersson has a long, prosperous career ahead of him. Boxscores a couple of years from now will read a lot like "Pettersson from Hughes and Boeser" or "Boeser from Pettersson and Hughes". Those three (along with Horvat and Virtanen) are going to produce a lot.  

When generational talents like Petterson and Quinn Hughes get drafted at 5 and 7 it shows how stupid the other GM’s were that passed over these two greats.  Bring on the Cups!  :towel:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

When generational talents like Petterson and Quinn Hughes get drafted at 5 and 7 it shows how stupid the other GM’s were that passed over these two greats.  Bring on the Cups!  :towel:

Both those players may be great Alf but generational is a bit much in Dec.

Ep is not even considered the best 20 yr old yet (Laine has proven it for a few years)

Hughes hasn't even proven himself in the NHL yet

Hughes is not even the highest scoring defencemen in the NCAA right now, never mind any other leagues

Sure glad you are not the GM and paying them generational money, before they earn that title :)

• Cheers 1

^^ it makes sense to me ballistic, what you're saying, these young players haven't proved their metal in the NHL yet (other than Pettersson, who has 33 games), but I'm not sure the Canucks have had a forward and D prospects/young players this outstanding in a generation or more. The Sedins were magnificent to watch, but they always came as a package. It's difficult to assess individually how good they were. Pettersson and Hughes may turn out to be generational players for the Canucks. Not there yet, but Pettersson is on his way I think.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

^^ it makes sense to me ballistic, what you're saying, these young players haven't proved their metal in the NHL yet (other than Pettersson, who has 33 games), but I'm not sure the Canucks have had a forward and D prospects/young players this outstanding in a generation or more. The Sedins were magnificent to watch, but they always came as a package. It's difficult to assess individually how good they were. Pettersson and Hughes may turn out to be generational players for the Canucks. Not there yet, but Pettersson is on his way I think.

Time will tell

I will just enjoy finding out for now

Sedins were packaged together

Yet won their League awards while other twin was injured

I believe we could have had 2 better lines separating them at times, and putting them together on the P.P. 

They were both good playmakers

I believe as competitive as they were, seeing one score, the other would have pushed that much more on his line

• Upvote 2