The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Father Ryan said:

The real shocker may come in a couple of years, when both of these guys have acclimated to the lengthy schedule and gotten used to the NHL. I really think Henrik's 112 point season will be in serious jeopardy of being broken, along with Patrik Sundstrom's record of 38 goals by a center. Bure's 60 goal seasons may stay intact, but just barely. Call it potential peak years of 40 (+/-5) goals and 70 (+/-5) assists for EP40, and 58 (+/- 5) goals, 45 +/- 5) assists for Boeser

Sundstrom's 38-goal record was beaten by Kesler when he scored 41 in 2010-11. That said, I still think both that record and Hank's 112 points could be beaten, largely because offense is rising to a much higher level than the prime days of the twins and Kesler. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, spook007 said:

Pretty darn incredible... absolutely unreal.

Pettersson is the real deal...

Right?!

I was responding to a comment of how he’ll stack up to a generational season in one year’s time .... turns out he’s already comparing extremely favourably to that generational season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Sundstrom's 38-goal record was beaten by Kesler when he scored 41 in 2010-11. That said, I still think both that record and Hank's 112 points could be beaten, largely because offense is rising to a much higher level than the prime days of the twins and Kesler. 

I forgot all about Kesler's 41 goal year; you're totally correct. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 125-130 point year out of EP40, including a 50 goal year from him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nzan said:

Right?!

I was responding to a comment of how he’ll stack up to a generational season in one year’s time .... turns out he’s already comparing extremely favourably to that generational season.

Yeah it was a good post.

Liked the way you set it up... like for likes...

And as you rightly pointed out, incredible to do so, while learning a new position and a new league... Unreal.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, spook007 said:

True Smokes... guess we’re getting so used to EP putting up points that him breaking records are considered a sheer formality now. But yes you are absolutely right. Actually forgot about EP’s injury absence. 

I was thinking more in the lines of the amount of assists and goals they would have had if the duo was healthy.

Edited by smokes
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, spook007 said:

One can only wonder how much points BB would have been had by now, had he not had the injury..

How about Petey? If the Canucks didn't have that 13 game of stretch of injuries where Petey didn't even have a winger! ( Maybe Goldy) but man the team was in tough to just get the puck out of their end! Petey could have 10 more points!

Just MDZ being set up by EP alone could have added 5 points. Why can't MDZ shoot?

He could havet least 5 point s of players missing wide open nets! 

Edited by cory40
  • Like 1

You can't watch this and not cry if you cheer for Calgary or Edmonton. Or think Generational if you cheer for Vancouver. Watching the rookie winner highlight packages and Elias compares to them all in sheer High talent plays and he has half a year left.... Ouch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, cory40 said:

How about Petey? If the Canucks didn't have that 13 game of stretch of injuries where Petey didn't even have a winger! ( Maybe Goldy) but man the team was in tough to just get the puck out of their end! Petey could have 10 more points!

Just MDZ being set up by EP alone could have added 5 points. Why can't MDZ shoot?

He could havet least 5 point s of players missing wide open nets! 

Absolutely... 

I’ll be interesting next year if they both stay healthy. 

I think we will get a better picture of it now that Baertchi returns as well as Sutter. 

I fancy either of them on the 1st PP and think it will improve it vastly. 

But yes with a less decimated roster EP would easily have had another 10 points and the Canucks 4-5 wins more on the account. 

• Like 2

On 12/29/2018 at 2:44 PM, cory40 said:

You can't watch this and not cry if you cheer for Calgary or Edmonton. Or think Generational if you cheer for Vancouver. Watching the rookie winner highlight packages and Elias compares to them all in sheer High talent plays and he has half a year left.... Ouch

This is the best video to describe why I’m still watching this team.

They bring it every night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, gameburn said:

And their European scout.  Was that Gradin?

I'm pretty sure Gradin has a heavy role in every Swede we draft and has since he was hired in the mid 90s and especially since he was promoted to the Head of European Scouting in 1998.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm pretty sure Gradin has a heavy role in every Swede we draft and has since he was hired in the mid 90s and especially since he was promoted to the Head of European Scouting in 1998.

Well, we owe him a lot. He probably also chimed in on some other picks/trades.