who has settled in and is comfortable with the league

can do to finish off his first season

i'm putting money on him making this team a playoff team

and people seeing that he can elevate his game to the next level

before this season is done

book it

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Found it interesting that Pettersson said after the game today that Vancouver has always been his favourite NHL team.  I didn't know that.  Apparently he was wearing Canucks gear by the time he was five?  I had not heard that before today.

Google it. 

Thats whay he said to a reporter today 

9 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Found it interesting that Pettersson said after the game today that Vancouver has always been his favourite NHL team.  I didn't know that.  Apparently he was wearing Canucks gear by the time he was five?  I had not heard that before today.

You'll probably enjoy this :) :goat:

• Like 1

Wow.

Shocked.  It's absolutley amazing he is doing this well.  Its like i have to pinch myself that this is real,

matrix like, "you are the one Elias" and now "He's beginning to believe"...

we'll sh..t i'm begging to believe... 

just keep your head up kid where you go... 

if our team can develop enough balls to follow you through battle there's no stopping us.

CapFriendly‏ @CapFriendly 11m11 minutes ago

Elias Pettersson earned $425,000 in Schedule 'A' bonuses yesterday.

First the #Canucks rookie forward was invited to the 2019 #NHLAllStar game, unlocking a $212,500 bonus as a result.

He then scored his 20th goal of the season against Ottawa, unlocking another $212,500 bonus.

Petey's now 14th in P/60 (over 20 games played).

35 primary points in 37 games. 

I think Petey is learning how good he actually is by the day too. No one saw this coming. If there's a lockout coming he'll score 150 goals in the SHL.

This thread reminds me of all the hype surrounding him last year.  

And the big debate of whether he could play center... or talk about pumping the brakes on him and we should be happy if he helps replace 50 Sedin points.

He’s completely surpassed all expectations.

What a stud.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

He is must watch tv - so much that I watched the SN crew gush about him during the intermission rather than switching to Team Canada at the WJC. 

Same here, I tend to usually change the channel during intermissions, but to see the panel gush over Pettersson is a nice pat on the back for the Canucks. Pettersson has given hope the Canucks Nation that they could possibly be in the playoffs this year. Saturday's game will be intense. HNIC against the Leafs.  

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Same here, I tend to usually change the channel during intermissions, but to see the panel gush over Pettersson is a nice pat on the back for the Canucks. Pettersson has given hope the Canucks Nation that they could possibly be in the playoffs this year. Saturday's game will be intense. HNIC against the Leafs.  

Hoping petey lights them up

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:29 AM, smokes said:

Love Pettersson but can't give Pettersson the Hart. When you look at what some of the things other players around the league are doing and Pettersson is ranked in the forties in terms of scoring, what Petey is doing is incredible but you can't take away from the likes of Kucherov, MacKinnen, or even McDavid. Let's just enjoy the ride the awesomeness of the first Canuck to win the Calder since Bure.

The year isn't over yet! He lis tied for the lead in the NHL in game winning goals, The fact that he could heat up and get 50. Plus help a team 100% (excluding fans) had in the  Hughes sweepstakes, So if he gets 50 goals and 50 ish assists and the Canucks make the play-offs? What accomplishments would you have as greater?

1ST year on smaller ice!

1st full year as a center ice man!

Best shooting percentage in the NHL!

In fact if you take out the 13 game slide the Canucks had (riddled with injuries) He has been before that stretch and after among the top 5 in ppg!

McDavid gets points in bunches but unlike Pettersson its often on the losing side of the score!

You say enjoy the ride and I agree, But I say hold on for the ride because everything gets easier for the Canucks in terms of rest and home games!

On 1/2/2019 at 4:29 AM, smokes said:

Love Pettersson but can't give Pettersson the Hart. When you look at what some of the things other players around the league are doing and Pettersson is ranked in the forties in terms of scoring, what Petey is doing is incredible but you can't take away from the likes of Kucherov, MacKinnen, or even McDavid. Let's just enjoy the ride the awesomeness of the first Canuck to win the Calder since Bure.

I don’t think he will win the Hart, but if they actually followed the definition of the award (which they never do), he would certainly be in contention.

”The player judged most valuable to his team”.

It isn’t about being the highest scorer in the league.

The percent of Cancucls goals he is involved in has to be amongst the highest in the league.  His GWG are tied with highest.  

The Canucls without Pettersson are a lot worse off than Tampa Bay without Kucherov.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

If the Canucks make the playoffs and Pettersson is the clear winner of the Calder by February and has scored 40 goals by year's end, does he win the Hart then?

He’d for sure be in the conversation, but OV is having a terrific year.  Garden gnome in Calgary is playing lights out too.  

• Haha 1