The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If the Canucks make the playoffs and Pettersson is the clear winner of the Calder by February and has scored 40 goals by year's end, does he win the Hart then?

What if he gets 50? And has like 12 to 14 game winning goals? I will say it now Elias heats up and has a better second half than first half! With 40 he doesn't win the hart but he will get some consideration!   50 he gets it! Only if the Canucks make the play-offs. And their may be others with better credentials but the NHL is about advertising and Elias is making headwinds across the board! What better than having the super rookie lead the canucks to the promised land score the winning goal on the first upset in the play-offs and not looking back until the third round when a unnamed Referee makes some Phantom calls.

PS Elias has 5 game winning goals since DEC 5th! 

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:22 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Friedman and Kypreos were talking that he would ''get votes.'' ''And deservedly so.''

Not that he was a lead candidate, or going to win.

I thought it was fair.

5 gwg since Dec 5th

2 minutes ago, cory40 said:

What if he gets 50? And has like 12 to 14 game winning goals? I will say it now Elias heats up and has a better second half than first half! With 40 he doesn't win the hart but he will get some consideration!   50 he gets it! Only if the Canucks make the play-offs. And their may be others with better credentials but the NHL is about advertising and Elias is making headwinds across the board! What better than having the super rookie lead the canucks to the promised land score the winning goal on the first upset in the play-offs and not looking back until the third round when a unnamed Referee makes some Phantom calls.

PS Elias has 5 game winning goals since DEC 5th! 

Canucks finished at the bottom 4 of the last 5 years, and to have a rookie come aboard, break records, be a lock for the Calder by New Years lol and wills the Canucks to a playoff spot - that would be incredible, and I'm not sure there would be a better NHL story out there. There might be slightly better players in the league, but those are not rookies and they play on Cup contending teams. For a small Swedish kid to suddenly raise the Canucks from the ashes and get them into the playoffs during a rebuild would be insane. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks finished at the bottom 4 of the last 5 years, and to have a rookie come aboard, break records, be a lock for the Calder by New Years lol and wills the Canucks to a playoff spot - that would be incredible, and I'm not sure there would be a better NHL story out there. There might be slightly better players in the league, but those are not rookies and they play on Cup contending teams. For a small Swedish kid to suddenly raise the Canucks from the ashes and get them into the playoffs during a rebuild would be insane. 

I gotta say I have watched the Canucks since the 82 run. I was a little worried about wasting time this year watching the chase for hughes. But man I can't wait until they play! I have watched every rookie highlight package available on You tube and man, At half a season he has just as many top tier highlights as any Calder winner! The thing the NHL needs to consider is this -"If Elias does win the Hart this year who really has a shot when he is leading the league by a land slide in years to come?" In my mind this is the last year for a while where the Hart will be up for grabs!

I found the NJ game very depressing. Super early start, team looked dazed, no goals from the Canucks, specifically no points for Pettersson. Am I getting spoiled? I've been very aware of Pettersson's points production and I sometimes shake my head in disbelief at his shot. I don't even see it once it leaves his stick,. He shoots a laser, the top corner of the net twinges, and then the goalie reacts to make a save, if he reacts at all - in that order lol I was also unsure how positive I would be this year or if I would be dreaming of drafting in the Top 3 again. Pettersson has made the Canucks an exciting team again. It feels like they could beat any team on any given night if he's playing. The media during the OTT game went on and on about how the Sens just don't give up. Well, the same could be said of the Canucks too. Just something about this year, Pettersson won't be denied. I believe the Canucks are going to make the playoffs. :)

If the Canucks somehow make the playoffs on Pettersson's back, he has to get at least a little bit of Hart consideration, even if he isn't in the top ten in scoring. 

"Played judged most valuable to his team"

We're much worse off without Pettersson than most other teams are without their superstar player, with the possible exception of Edmonton.

2 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Honestly this one is ridiculous, those of you calling for retribution just give your head a shake. It was a dirty play but what are you gonna send in guddy to drop a skinny 18 year old kid? 

All he deserved was a 2 minute penalty.

People were saying the same thing in October.

I hate seeing Pettersson injured, but this was nothing like the Matheson incident. This time, Pettersson just went down awkwardly.

I want to know if it was his knee or his ankle that was injured. Some people are saying knee, yet from one angle, it seems like it's his ankle that got the worst of it. I just hope it isn't as bad as it looked.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

That one was at least a really dirty play with an intent to hurt him. This was a weird hook and awkward fall.

No precedent was set that night. Players know they can take liberties with our guys and get away with it, which is what happened tonight. 

And that's what's going to happen next time as well, until somebody on our team actually grows a pair and sets the damn precedent.

32 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Seems as though the outrage over the lack of response to the takedown of Pettersson in October was justified, as people continue to take liberties. And, surprise surprise, no response yet again.

Disgusted. Absolutely disgusted.

Supposedly guys like Gudbranson, Beagle, Schaller, Roussel, and Virtanen are on the team due to their "truculence".  

They should be running the opposition as restitution.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Specz said:

I think I am starting to understand how Pittsburgh felt through all of Crosby's early years...

Crosby played the first 2 years without an injury though.  back to back 100 points. 

Pettersson got 2 injuries before a halfway mark of a season.  Both Injuries happen to be with bad intentions.  Matheson throw down, and a hook and take down

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord

1 minute ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Crosby played the first 2 years without an injury though.  back to back 100 points. 

Ahhh I remember him being injured for several consecutive seasons in a row in his early years. I think he was pretty much constantly dealing with injuries in his prime years because everyone made him a target... I hope that isn't the case for Petey but I am starting to understand what Pittsburgh had to go through and it really sucks... Get well soon Petey we miss you already. :(

• Upvote 1