-Vintage Canuck-

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C/RW

2 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

Petey always had the offensive instincts and his defensive play has never been that bad, but what's impressed me a lot especially in the last few games is that he's laying the body on guys and knocking them down.  I'm starting to think that as he bulks up he's Forsberg material.  I was really doubting this after his early injury, but somehow he's managing to put on a bit of muscle on that very lean frame during an NHL season.

It's a testament to this kids ability and drive that we're just expecting that his great wheels and edge control will mean he'll be back in the d zone before any of the other forwards.  He's got desire, talent and mad skills.  This is going to be a fun decade.

I have totally been noticing this too. He takes the body a bunch and has thrown some good hits. He also battles hard along the boards. Yes he still falls down a bit but I did not expect to see such a change in the physicality department.

I can't wait to see how he looks in a couple years closer to 195.

Well as good as petey is, both he and his line was taken down efficiently by yotes defense. I hope they learned from playing this kinds of system that the yotes use and take control next time they meet. Nucks is a better team then the yotes and should normally have a slight edge over them. 

Concerning the constant talk over his bodyweight, i would say they are mos likely gonna give him a pretty thorough training program to gain muscle so that will come pretty easy. Its a question of how he will be able to use that on the ice as well as how his experience from his first year will make him react and "think" hockey. It will take time and hard work, but for now theres no stopping him. He will simply keeps evolving. tip of the iceberg........

Well maybe 170 points are never touched again. But what I am seeing with Elias. has me believing with some experience in this league and a better  QB powerplay defenseman he is just touching what he will be. If any player in the league is going to put up stupid points it will be Elias. And I want it to be heard and laughed at, because I am that right! Many forget he is a rookie. He is very young. And also very small. He will bulk up. He will get faster. And he is not far off right now for PPG. He is the type of player who will use his team to get points not just a winger. When the Canucks have been healthy Elias has almost been a 1.6 ppg player. What he has done on a injury riddled team is just shy of a miracle. I see 150 points in his near future. And I also see a lot of naysayers disappearing!

2 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Well as good as petey is, both he and his line was taken down efficiently by yotes defense. I hope they learned from playing this kinds of system that the yotes use and take control next time they meet. Nucks is a better team then the yotes and should normally have a slight edge over them. 

Concerning the constant talk over his bodyweight, i would say they are mos likely gonna give him a pretty thorough training program to gain muscle so that will come pretty easy. Its a question of how he will be able to use that on the ice as well as how his experience from his first year will make him react and "think" hockey. It will take time and hard work, but for now theres no stopping him. He will simply keeps evolving. tip of the iceberg........

The Canucks defens has been so bad at moving the puck Petey has had to go to his own goal line to get the puck. That's hurting his transition and speed. Will change in two weeks with Hughes!